Greasable spring pins for FJ62 - anybody sell them locally?

I'm looking for some new spring pins. Mine are in pretty bad shape and I need to get them and the bushings replaced this week. Would anyplace local carry these?

Thanks!

corsair23

Hard Core 4+
Ron over at Rocky Mountain Cruisers? Tell him Jeff Z. sent you and he'll probably only charge you double what he would charge you if you don't mention my name :lol:

I called those guys a couple of times last Friday and got no answer. Listened to their message to make sure that it didn't say that they were closed, checked the website and took time off from work to go over there. I called when I was on my way there, left my number, said what I was looking for, drove over there, got there before 4 and the gate was locked. I gave up. I can't waste time off from work and gas to go there again unless it was just a fluke. Are they usually there and responsive?

I tried Rocky Mountain cruisers for a LOT of parts over the course of 6 months when I built my FJ60. NEVER got calls back, they were NEVER there when I stopped by (sometimes morning sometimes around noon!), and couldn't even get an email back out of them. I honestly thought they were closed down and hadn't shut their website down. High Country 4x4 is an OME dealer but they will 99% have to order them for you.

nuclearlemon

Hard Core 4+
hhhmmmm...that's odd. every time i go by there, ron's around. he doesn't often answer the phone. he's the only one there, so it's often impractical when he's under a rig.

Rock Dog

Hard Core 4+
If you cannot find them, your rig will start to sound like mine :hill::hill:

Well... I am pretty much at a loss for what to do next then. I could call, but he may not answer and I can drive down there, but he may not be there. Crud. I guess that I'll order some online and wait for them.

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
Not local, but a good friend of Rising Sun over the years:
http://www.chimneycanyon4x4.com/

I purchased my BDS lift for my 40 from Charlie back in 2001.

Tell him you're with Rising Sun and he may well give you a discount. :)

corsair23

Hard Core 4+
That's a bummer to hear about RMC...I've always had great response from Ron over the years but I haven't spoken to him since last year since I've been neglecting my 40 :(

I just checked his site and it does mention on the home page that they'll be closed from 4/3 thru 4/14 but nothing about being closed right now...

That is a bummer as it looks like he might have what you are looking for: http://rockym.fatcow.com/store/product125.html

Uncle Ben

Hard Core 4+
Not local, but a good friend of Rising Sun over the years:
http://www.chimneycanyon4x4.com/

I purchased my BDS lift for my 40 from Charlie back in 2001.

Tell him you're with Rising Sun and he may well give you a discount. :)

Charlie is still around and while his shop is still there he is not doing business right now. His son is welding for Twisted Customs and Charlie has a kick butt outside sales job with his friend that owns JKS Manufacturing. Long story short.....another Mom and Pop shop has gone to the wayside due to internet sales and folks going for cheapest deal vrs customer service and supporting those who support us! :blah:

It's for that reason that I tried to go to him first. I wanted to keep the dollars around and help a local business if I could. Bummer. I hate waiting for parts. Usually because I need them when I need them due to my poor planning abilities.

I always used to think that in a city this size that a person should be able to find anything they are looking for given a days notice, but I guess that mail order took care of that. (unless you want to pay the fedex fee).

I'll try Chimney Canyon. Anybody know what happened to the Coyote Cruiser site? It doesn't seem to work now. Are they still around? I'm headed through Ft. Collins on Friday and thought that I would check there, too.

hhhmmmm...that's odd. every time i go by there, ron's around. he doesn't often answer the phone. he's the only one there, so it's often impractical when he's under a rig.

I figured he saw my bent up rusty about to crumble FJ60 and locked the gate asap (I can't blame him, I'm glad I chopped that thing up, it was unsafe). :D I probably had bad timing and also a lack of planning didn't help.

I got some in Ft Collins from Coyote Cruisers! What a great trip that was! John was great, gave us a tour of the shop, friendly, nice guy interested in my rig and what I was doing, too.

All around great experience and I got what I needed. Definitely going back.

Uncle Ben

Hard Core 4+
I got some in Ft Collins from Coyote Cruisers! What a great trip that was! John was great, gave us a tour of the shop, friendly, nice guy interested in my rig and what I was doing, too.

All around great experience and I got what I needed. Definitely going back.

Opinions seem to vary....I have never done biz with him.