Grand Mesa exploratory run 6/15-6/17

jps8460

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
That looks like an amazing trip! I would be in for a fall peepers trip. And who is using a roller fairlead with synthetic line? I have an aluminum hawse fairlead if you want it. It could use a spit shine but it's in great shape otherwise.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I prefer the roller, I use my winch a lot. That fairlead has only ever seen synthetic.

On the RX

Rising Sun Member
I prefer the roller, I use my winch a lot. That fairlead has only ever seen synthetic.
I've never seen it done before. When I saw it I was thinking that the soft line could get hung up in the gap between a vert and horizontal roller. Good to know that it works well. Offer still stands if you ever want to switch up. My new warn came with a fairlead so my old one is just collecting dust.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

HoneyBadger

Rising Sun Member
Finally had some time to edit footage from my drone on this trip. I'm not very good at editing and stuff, so it's super basic with some cheesy free Youtube music added.

Super cool. :thumb: I'm jealous. I'd love to get my hands on a drone for filming runs like this. Great job. :cheers:

mcgaskins

Rising Sun Member
Super cool. :thumb: I'm jealous. I'd love to get my hands on a drone for filming runs like this. Great job. :cheers:

Thanks Travis! I didn't think I'd get as much of a kick out of flying the drone as I do, but it's become one of my fav things to do on trips. I took it with us to the Dominican Republic recently and flew it a couple miles out over the ocean and couldn't believe the footage I got. The only problem is flying it is a lot easier than editing the footage into cool videos people would want to watch :D