Got my windshield washers working

subzali

Hard Core 4+
So after 2 1/2 years of not having windshield washers (the bottle/pump/nozzle were all missing :confused:) I got all the parts assembled that I've been collecting and got it running and operational tonight. Turns out the only problem was my switch was all dirty, so I just cleaned it up and what do you know! Electricity does many amazing things :cool:

So moral of the story: sometimes just clean up the connections...it may just be that simple.

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
This is on the 40, right? My "low" setting doesn't work most of the time, but fast always works. Guess I need to pull that switch and see what's in there...

corsair23

Hard Core 4+
Very :cool:

So, when should I drop my 40 off to have you get my washers working...Let's see.....No bottle, pump, nozzles, hoses, wiring, or switch. Yep, should be a piece of cake for you :)

subzali

Hard Core 4+
Jeff - How do you have no wiring? Did you rewire it at some point? Cruiserparts.net for parts, NAPA for the 4-5' of hose you'll need (5/32). I'd like to see your 40 sometime.

Tim - takes like a half hour, very easy (well I guess I already had the radio out so I just pulled the switch through that hole, otherwise you might be able to get at it pretty easy through the ashtray hole. Or just remove your instrument cluster - it's pretty easy too :D)

corsair23

Hard Core 4+
Jeff - How do you have no wiring? Did you rewire it at some point?

PPO "de-mod" I'm sure. The PO didn't know anything about Cruisers so it wasn't him. Actually I have all the parts needed from when I was going to do the same on my '76 that also didn't have washers. Just bought one of those cheapo SOR/CCOT kits way back when so it should be a cinch to install when I find the time...

MDH33

Hard Core 4+
Good job. :thumb: It's gratifying to get all the systems working as they should on these old rigs.

My windshield washers sometime come on by themselves when the wipers are going. :confused: Guess I should figure that one out.