Good thing I check this stuff every day

Romer

RS Moderator
Staff member
I was using more power than normal looking at the plots this morning and went around to figure out what was wrong. After a lot of searching I found the Ejector pump for my Septic system was always on. It was quiet so couldn't hear anything, just sucking power. This takes the Black water from the basement use and pushes it to the Septic system. I flushed a toilet in the basement and heard it pump the water out, so it still works just stuck on.

I googled it and most times it is the float gets stuck, but also could be something inside. Running constantly is burns out the motor. I could unplug it, but worried something may back up. When I do unplug it, the power draw goes down to normal levels

I watched a youtube on how to replace the pump and I could do it, but don’t want to climb into the pit were the black water is so I will pay someone. I want to replace it even if they can fix the float senser since it is 18 years old, then it should be the last ejector pump we ever buy 😊

Overnight we were using almost 1kwH more than normal. Generally around 800 w over night except when both furnaces kick in then to maybe 1500W (1.5kW) for very short durations.

Looking at yesterday, I see a big spike around 6PM and the power draw stays high after than overnight into today

Had I not been so anal to check this everyday, I would never have known and it would have likely burned out after a while, causing a messy problem

Green is solar generation, Red is use and Blue is Batteries providing power. I have it set to keep the batteries at 85% full overnight and like to see them used every night to make sure that is working

1670620758561.png