• ColoYota Expo: swap meet + show and shine. Saturday, May 11 from 10 am - 2 pm
    Get Details & Register Now!
    . Only $5 to attend (no additional charge to participate in the swap meet).

Hey Guest, we need volunteers to help run the event. Please sign up here.

Good source for 22 ammo?

DanInDenver

Trail Ready
Picked up a Ruger 10/22, looking for a good source for ammunition? Thoughts?

treerootCO

Rising Sun Member
There isn't one......

The manufacturers cannot keep up with demand. Best bet is to vist Cabellas in the morning and wait for the shipment. They limit you to 4 boxes though. If you know a guy who knows a guy, you can still get it for a decent price. A lot of stores have raised the prices so, you can get it, but you are going to pay 10x the price for it.

SteveH

Hard Core 4+
A year ago, Bass Pro had been getting it on Fridays and selling out by 10AM on Sat.- limit 2 boxes. I would call them and see how the game is played there now.

LARGEONE

Rising Sun Member
Did you get the takedown model of the 10/22? I'm really diggin' that gun...just haven't pulled the trigger (pun intended).

DanInDenver

Trail Ready
Did you get the takedown model of the 10/22? I'm really diggin' that gun...just haven't pulled the trigger (pun intended).

I did check it out, very nice. Decided I just didn't need that capability so I went with the wood stock.

Thanks to everyone for the replies.

Corbet

RS Moderator
Staff member
.22 is easy to find down here. Most places have a pile of 50 round boxes but it's much less common to find a brick that is reasonably priced. Up there I'd probably just do it online.

.22 mag on the other hand is nearly impossible without being there as they stock the shelf on freight day.