Goin' to the Chapel and we're...

Rezarf

Hard Core 4+
Gonna get married!

Yesterday I asked my best friend (and the most beautiful :Princess: in the world) Stacy to be my wife... and, she said YES!... I know, it may be hard to believe, that she'd have a dude like me, but I'LL TAKE IT! Talk about marrying up!

We are both so excited, it was a great day... the best day of my life. :D I asked her on an over look above Garden of the Gods under the premise that I was taking her on a picnic. She was totally suprised and really excited... as if you couldn't tell from the picture.

I thought about getting her two ARB's and an offroad trailer, but we just could find a setting that could keep them on her ring finger... so the ring will have to do.

She is already talking about how excited she is to attend CM07 with everyone this year! Thanks for welcoming her into the group so kindly.

On cloud nine...

Drew

Attachments

• lovely.jpg
    lovely.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 157

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
Congrats!!! You guys are a great couple. Our kids thought you both were the greatest, and they are great judges of character. Woo hoo!!!!

Groucho

Rising Sun Ham Guru
Awesome news, Drew. Can't wait to wheel with you guys as a family!

Romer

RS Moderator
Staff member
Congrats Drew. I'm happy for you.

Uncle Ben

Hard Core 4+
Dood....just engaged and you already pulled all your hair out! :eek: :lmao: Drew, I am so happy for you! You and Stacy are a class act and I know you will enjoy this next chapter of you life! Congradulations! :thumb: :cheers:

Chris

Hard Core 4+
Great news Drew, Congratulations!

I look forward to meeting Stacy on the trail some time. We can stay behind the wheel while our :Princess:'s spot us, no better demonstration of trust than that ;)

Seriously, very happy for you both!

:cheers::cheers::cheers:

wesintl

RS Moderator
Congrats Stacy!

oh wait, you too Drew ;)

Wish you all the best!

Congrats!

Seems like everyone is either dropping kids, or having some big life event.

Now unfortunately, begins the most painful part of marriage....
Planning a wedding! Good luck to you!:D

Uncle Ben

Hard Core 4+
PabloCruise said:
Well that is just outstanding!!!

Nice job - congratulations!

I bet it will be no time at all before you are posting up that you two are having a child!

Yippee!

Ya know, after 3 of them little suckers I think I finally figured out where they come from! I used to go to bed bare footed and since I have been wearing socks to bed no more of those little "blessings" have showed up. Just some helpfull advice.....:homer: :boozer: :flamingo: :hill:

subzali

Hard Core 4+
Drew, that is awesome! Best wishes to both of you, it was great getting to know you two on the Ghost Town run this summer! Hopefully next time we go out Stacey and Kelsey can take the helms of the trucks again and show us how to wheel! :hill:

And BTW Chris (redcruiser), having your :princess: behind the wheel of your truck while YOU spot I think is far more a test of trust! Ask Drew and I how we know! :)

Three Wheel Ben

Trail Ready
Congratulations to both of you. And I will second the wedding planning (nightmare) comment.:D

Rezarf

Hard Core 4+
Hey everyone! Drew and I are so excited! Thanks for all you encouragement and "advice". Today the planning begins...a February wedding is in the works so we have to get busy! I look forward to being with you and your wives on the trails!

-Stacy

Thanks everyone, we are having a great time. Today the real wedding planning begins, we both work with college students as chaplains, so we have both been to TONS of weddings, which has let us quickly determine what we want on our fun day. Simply put, we want a great Worship service that honors God followed by a great party to celebrate with our friends and family.

By the end of the day we should have the chapel, reception hall, date, minister, and rehearsal dinner arrangements in place. Stacy is a great planner and is highly organized and motivated :thumb:

We will be married in Des Moines (Stacy's hometown):eek: so anyone wanting to make the trip is welcome to come!:cheers:

Thanks again for all your kind words and encouraging Stacy on the trail, you have all played a role in my soon to be wife loving my favorite pass time!

Thanks again-

Drew

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
Congratulations Drew & Stacy!!! Drew, don't worry about the wedding plans those have a way of just taking care of themselves... all you need to do is let your soon-to-be mother-in-law pick out everthing and you'll do just fine.. :lmao:

Stacy my wife & son will both be in Moab come next May, she'll be psyched to know you're coming. :cheers:

:brick: hey, maybe we need to put together some sort of bachelor party run.. hmm... :rolleyes:

bh4rnnr

Outlaw, Scoundrel, Miscreant
Congrats to the both of you!:beer: :beer:

corsair23

Hard Core 4+
Getting married in February....in Des Moines? Definitely MUST be TRUE LOVE! :D

Congrats to both of you and hopefully one day I'll get to meet the two of you on a run! :cheers:

Rezarf

Hard Core 4+
What a day.

Got the Church
Got the Minister(s)
Got the reception hall
Got a Caterer
Got Marriage licenses... nearly changed my middle name to Danger since you can change it to what ever you want legally. I am serious about this.

Set up appointment for Hair Person
Set up appointment for Cake lady
Set up appointment for Flower people

Got the invitations picked oui too.

All in all a busy but productive day.:eek:

We are having a blast, but I can see how things get outta hand quick with all the decisions that need to be made.

Drew

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
Being married is much better than getting married. If you're having fun now, you'll be thrilled with all the time you have to do stuff together after the big day.