Glad the snow run was yesterday and ...

Three Wheel Ben

Trail Ready
not next week. One of the dumbest things happened to me today. I was briskly running up the stairs at work (not quite running) got to the top and sprung of my left ball of my foot, Long story short my calf muscle ripped and down I went. Nothing fancy or screwy. Couldn't flex my ankle very well. Went to the doctor and he said I had a "gastrocnemius muscle rupture" Apparently the muscle that attaches to the top of the Achilles tendon tore. I can hobble with a soft cast. Worst part - can't ski 3-6 weeks. Ultrasound tomorrow. Luckily no surgery, just heals on its own. I'm gonna be really grumpy in about 4-5 weeks with no skiing:mad: :mad: :mad:

Bright side - wasn't the achilles so at least I can ski again this season. Frustating and dumb.:rant:

Rezarf

Hard Core 4+
Sorry Ben that stinks man, I busted my rear yesterday sledding down an insane slope in Colorado Springs. Got tossed town the hill and have a black and blue left bum...

Bighead

Trail Ready
Be glad it wasn't an achilles tendon rupture...1 surgery, 6 months and a lot of rehab later I was almost back to normal after my rupture. Take your time and don't rush the healing process.

Romer

RS Moderator
Staff member
At least the cast will work with your current wardrobe :D

wesintl

RS Moderator
Yikes!

Hope you feel better! Here's a :beer: for recovery

corsair23

Hard Core 4+
DANG Ben!

Like Lance said take it easy and make sure you are fully healed. That way at least you won't miss the entire ski season :)

Hope the tires made a difference for you on the snow run!! I kept thinking about all the fun I was missing while I was puttering around the house. Although, I did get a chance to go over and see/drive that $26K 80 that was for sale here in the Ranch on CL and then on eBay. Awesome rig that appears will be on its way to Greenland of all places in the near future :(

When the guy told me he thought he had a buyer from Greenland I asked him where that was at. He said "up next to Iceland, you know, like the North Pole area?". I felt like a retard figuring there was a Greenland CO or something I never heard of. Never dawned on me that someone from Greenland the country would be buying an 80 from CO...Artic buggy it will become I guess.

bh4rnnr

Outlaw, Scoundrel, Miscreant
not next week. One of the dumbest things happened to me today. I was briskly running up the stairs at work (not quite running) got to the top and sprung of my left ball of my foot, Long story short my calf muscle ripped and down I went. Nothing fancy or screwy. Couldn't flex my ankle very well. Went to the doctor and he said I had a "gastrocnemius muscle rupture" Apparently the muscle that attaches to the top of the Achilles tendon tore. I can hobble with a soft cast. Worst part - can't ski 3-6 weeks. Ultrasound tomorrow. Luckily no surgery, just heals on its own. I'm gonna be really grumpy in about 4-5 weeks with no skiing:mad: :mad: :mad:

Bright side - wasn't the achilles so at least I can ski again this season. Frustating and dumb.:rant:

I'm sure Jared just loved that bit of news:hill: . Hope the recovery is smooth:beer:

FJBen

Thats the suck! Don't you love the fact you weren't doing anything cool when you hurt yourself.

You weren't using your spidey webs to float from building to building saving people from a fire...:beer: :lmao:

I've done a few of those...i can sympathize...

In a small mountain town long ago, far far away...the night before prom...:Princess: some of us were playing basketball...in the dark :rolleyes: ...I dunked over someone and landed on their foot...tore my tendons in my ankle...went to prom on crutches...:thumb:

farnhamstj

Hard Core 4+
Total bummer. Now you get to spend more time with the baby.

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
Dude, that sucks. Seems completely random too -- you hurt yourself by running up the stairs? Yeesh.

Beater

Hard Core 4+
welcome to my world.. just went through a very similar thing. just getting close to normal after 10 months.

j