• ColoYota Expo: swap meet + show and shine. Saturday, May 11 from 10 am - 2 pm
    Get Details & Register Now!
    . Only $5 to attend (no additional charge to participate in the swap meet).

Hey Guest, we need volunteers to help run the event. Please sign up here.

Garage/work space needed

MDH33

Hard Core 4+
My FJ60 starter cooked yesterday and I need to rebuild it. Unfortunately with our recent move, I have no garage space to work on it and we have been getting pounded with snow up in Evergreen and this isn't a job I think I can tackle in my icy snow covered driveway. (I'm a wimp). :eek:

Last edited:

corsair23

Hard Core 4+
EDIT: Nevermind :D - Read your second post and figured out what you meant by "Got a space" :doh: :hill:

bskey

I have a small apartment garage, but you are welcome to use it. I'll be messing around all day on Saturday. I am in Parker.

Rzeppa

Rising Sun Member
Hey Martin, where the heck in Evergreen are you? We didn't get pounded here in Kittredge, but did get a couple inches of dandruff by this morning.

In any case, club members are always welcome to come use my garage and tools, and in your instance, I have about 3 non-working starters you're welcome to scavenge for parts. I even labeled each one as to what it's particular symptom is, so as to know which parts from it might still be good.

MDH33

Hard Core 4+
Hey Martin, where the heck in Evergreen are you? We didn't get pounded here in Kittredge, but did get a couple inches of dandruff by this morning.

In any case, club members are always welcome to come use my garage and tools, and in your instance, I have about 3 non-working starters you're welcome to scavenge for parts. I even labeled each one as to what it's particular symptom is, so as to know which parts from it might still be good.

Thanks Jeff! :thumb: Saturday I'm taking it down to Golden, where I work. There's some heated warehouse space I can use for the day. I might take you up on the offer for some starter parts. Once I get it apart, I'll survey the damage and give you a call if I need anything. I have a rebuild kit, but after talking to Bruce at the meeting about my symptoms, he thought it might be worse than just contacts.

Kim and I just bought a house a few miles down Brook Forest Road (Lodgepole Drive) just West of the lower trailhead to Maxwell Falls, or a mile East of the Brook Forest Inn. We got about a foot of snow up there last Sunday and a few more inches yesterday. Loving it up there already. :D

timmbuck2

RS Club TLCA Delegate
Cruise Moab Committee
My FJ60 starter cooked yesterday and I need to rebuild it. Unfortunately with our recent move, I have no garage space to work on it and we have been getting pounded with snow up in Evergreen and this isn't a job I think I can tackle in my icy snow covered driveway. (I'm a wimp). :eek:

I have 3, yes, 3, working starters lying around. Take all 3 and return the ones you don't end up using. :)

T

Rzeppa

Rising Sun Member
Kim and I just bought a house a few miles down Brook Forest Road (Lodgepole Drive) just West of the lower trailhead to Maxwell Falls, or a mile East of the Brook Forest Inn. We got about a foot of snow up there last Sunday and a few more inches yesterday. Loving it up there already. :D

When I first moved here in 1980 (yes I'm an old phart) I lived up on Forest Estates Rd. Believe it or not, the BFI used to be a tavern/roadhouse where us locals used to stop in for a beer or three. Upstairs, people used to room and board, downstairs was the tavern. Years ago, (fellow Rising Sun member) Scott Yoder and I used to perform there when we were in one of our previous bands.

You're actually closer to Tim Nakari than I am, he's up off of Little Cub Creek Road now. But that's pretty cool - now we need to get Gary Coberly and we'll form the "West Side Breakfast Club" :)

MDH33

Hard Core 4+
When I first moved here in 1980 (yes I'm an old phart) I lived up on Forest Estates Rd. Believe it or not, the BFI used to be a tavern/roadhouse where us locals used to stop in for a beer or three. Upstairs, people used to room and board, downstairs was the tavern. Years ago, (fellow Rising Sun member) Scott Yoder and I used to perform there when we were in one of our previous bands.

You're actually closer to Tim Nakari than I am, he's up off of Little Cub Creek Road now. But that's pretty cool - now we need to get Gary Coberly and we'll form the "West Side Breakfast Club" :)

Wow, that's cool to hear the history. Now the BFI serves $20 steaks! Any suggestions for the best local spot for a burger and :beer:?

I stopped up at Nakman's new digs a few weeks ago for poker night. Awesome place he has. Pretty cool we have a small group representing the "West side". :thumb: I haven't met Gary C. What does he drive? I've noticed a few cruisers in Evergreen already. One of my neighbors actually has a mustard FJ40 but I haven't had an opportunity to introduce myself yet.

bh4rnnr

Outlaw, Scoundrel, Miscreant
No garage space, or starters here. Just hijacking a thread.

You know, come summer we can just hang out at the cabin for an afternoon of "west side hanging out club" :D.

Am I considerd West side, even though I dont hang out there all the time?

Next time i'm at teh cabin, i'll have to figure out where you all are at. Except for you Jeff, I know where you live:eek:. I'm at the end of Upper Bear Creek Road:D:beer::beer:

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
No garage space, or starters here. Just hijacking a thread.

You know, come summer we can just hang out at the cabin for an afternoon of "west side hanging out club" :D.

Am I considerd West side, even though I dont hang out there all the time?

Next time i'm at teh cabin, i'll have to figure out where you all are at. Except for you Jeff, I know where you live:eek:. I'm at the end of Upper Bear Creek Road:D:beer::beer:

Perry, maybe you could sponsor the summer RS picnic. You wouldn't have to do anything except to provide the place.