Found FZJ80 T-Case CDL Actuator

J1000

Rising Sun Member
I'm looking for just the electric actuator for the center diff lock on an FZJ80 series transfer case. Not sure if it's the same as the earlier 80s.

Thanks in advance!

Tomas

New-ish
Maybe this will help you out... so CruiserParts.net sells used ones that they warranty for 90 days... I believe you are looking for part 36410-60050 right? They claim they test each unit but the in my recent experience they sent me two and they both were bad... but between my broken one and the two I received Core Offroad in Castle Rock was able to make one that worked... they did a great job with figuring all that out...

DanS

Rising Sun Member
Which part number are you looking for?

I have a 41450-60060 new. Said it was for an FZJ80 CDL, but didn’t look like it to me. But also I found the culprit (the indicator switch) and didn’t need it.

It’s also pretty easy to rebuild yours. If it’s just rust/gummed up it’s a one banana job. Worst part is lowering the T-case to access it.

Dan

Johnny Utah

Rising Sun Member
Yo @Tomas ! We were just talking about this today! Thanks for sharing your experience!

cruiseroutfit

Wasatch Cruisers
Cruise Moab Committee

DaveInDenver

Rising Sun Ham Guru
Would 36410-60061 be the 100 series actuator?

I've got Toyota and Sumitomo OEM part numbers for both sides of the connectors (e.g. 80 series harness to 100 series actuator) but you really should support Kurt and get the harness he sells.

Last edited:

cruiseroutfit

Wasatch Cruisers
Cruise Moab Committee
Would 36410-60061 be the 100 series actuator?

Yes, they are still available new too. We’ve sold and installed many of them for use in the earlier HF2A/HF2AV 80/450 cases.

RayRay27

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
Yes, they are still available new too. We’ve sold and installed many of them for use in the earlier HF2A/HF2AV 80/450 cases.
Wish I would of known about this a few years ago. I was having issues with my center diff not engaging on my 80 when the truck warmed up. The light would just flash but would not lock up. Spent many days and weeks trying to diagnose. I ended up having Slee replace the actuator with a brand new OEM. Not cheap but completely solved my issues.

J1000

Rising Sun Member
Thanks guys, I was able to find a used replacement with the part numbers given. Really appreciate it! The motor in my actuator burnt out do to my wiring being iffy. Got myself an aftermarket harness to use instead.

Is the 100 series actuator an upgrade or just an equivalent?

cruiseroutfit

Wasatch Cruisers
Cruise Moab Committee
Thanks guys, I was able to find a used replacement with the part numbers given. Really appreciate it! The motor in my actuator burnt out do to my wiring being iffy. Got myself an aftermarket harness to use instead.

Is the 100 series actuator an upgrade or just an equivalent?

Par or better, I think they are more sealed.