• Jack-it Night: April 2024 RS Meeting Hey Guest: Wed. April 3rd is the next Rising Sun meeting, and you won't want to miss it. We're doing our annual offroad recovery equipment demonstration and trail skills training aka "Jack It Night." Meeting starts at 6:30 p.m. (early) Click here for all the details.

Front End Alignment

Bruce Miller

RS Chapter Eternal
Gone But
Not Forgotten
I was wondering if you, Kevin, or somebody else up north, which alignment shop in the Boulder-Longmont area can be trusted to do a good job on my 80? I'm told that a Toyota service bulletin (recall?) has Boulder Toyota backed up for 6 months with alignments. I heard that all Tacoma's and 4Runners must get aligned by Toyota. Since I'v only used Boulder Toyota, I'm not sure who else is out there that is any good. Can you help? Thanks.

bh4rnnr

Outlaw, Scoundrel, Miscreant
Bruce, I know it's a long drive for you but if you have a chance you can come down to Kuni. I can thow it on the alignment rack and see what needs to be done. Would have to be after work or on a day I was off.

Uncle Ben

Hard Core 4+
Bruce Miller said:
I was wondering if you, Kevin, or somebody else up north, which alignment shop in the Boulder-Longmont area can be trusted to do a good job on my 80? I'm told that a Toyota service bulletin (recall?) has Boulder Toyota backed up for 6 months with alignments. I heard that all Tacoma's and 4Runners must get aligned by Toyota. Since I'v only used Boulder Toyota, I'm not sure who else is out there that is any good. Can you help? Thanks.

Hawleys on Spruce does good work. I took my 80 to my friends at TCI this last time and they did a great job. Not much to align on a Cruiser.

Good luck!

CardinalFJ60

Rising Sun Member
Barnsley Tire in Boulder

I've been going to Barnsley Tire on Pearl/Folsom in Boulder for years - I think they are a good outfit, independently owned, etc.

Uncle Ben

Hard Core 4+
CardinalFJ60 said:
I've been going to Barnsley Tire on Pearl/Folsom in Boulder for years - I think they are a good outfit, independently owned, etc.

I know others who swear by Barnsley...forgot that one! :fing:

60wag

Rising Sun Member
I've used TCI several times with great results. I always ask for a before/after printout of the actual measurements. Definitely call ahead and tell them what size tires you've got. Some shops will refuse to do rigs that are too modified

I can't rec' Hawley. A friend of mine tried to get his lifted 4Runner allinged there. It sat there for at least a day or two before they told him they couldn't do it. I'm not sure what the details were.

Bruce

Bruce Miller

RS Chapter Eternal
Gone But
Not Forgotten
Who's TCI and where are they at? Why do you recommend them? Did they do your 80, Kevin, and are your tires the same size as mine?

60wag

Rising Sun Member
TCI is on Arapahoe between 28th and 30th - almost across the street from the new Home Depot in Boulder. I like them because they get the job done quickly and so far, accurately. The measurement printout is nice too - I used it to figure out my caster shims. They had no problem with my 33x10.5s but they might not want to do 37s - I'd call and ask.

Bruce Miller

RS Chapter Eternal
Gone But
Not Forgotten
Kevin said my 80 was on steroids but it's not on those kinds of steroids. My new tire size is 35" X 12.5". Whoever I go with, I'll call first to confirm they can do the job. After I'm aligned, what's at good test as I drive down the highway to determine that I'm really aligned? I don't want to ruin a new set of tires.

Uncle Ben

Hard Core 4+
Bruce Miller said:
Kevin said my 80 was on steroids but it's not on those kinds of steroids. My new tire size is 35" X 12.5". Whoever I go with, I'll call first to confirm they can do the job. After I'm aligned, what's at good test as I drive down the highway to determine that I'm really aligned? I don't want to ruin a new set of tires.

Nate at TCI and I are old friends! I first met him way back when I used to ice race. He not only let Jerry and I use his stud gun but he did all the mounting and dismounting for free! He bought my loyalty by doing that and I still take the work trucks and the wife mobile to him only. His mechanic right now is real so thats why I had them do my last alignment. Most small shops like that either have rookie mechanics or decent ones in transition. Nate has been paying this one pretty good to keep him around so get it while you can. If you go in call nate "Wolfman" he'll know I sent ya! :D :cheers: