• ColoYota Expo: swap meet + show and shine. Saturday, May 11 from 10 am - 2 pm
    Get Details & Register Now!
    . Only $5 to attend (no additional charge to participate in the swap meet).

Hey Guest, we need volunteers to help run the event. Please sign up here.

Freq w/ signal (S-9) but only static

Hants

Rising Sun Member
I received my Kenwood TH-F6A yesterday. Today, I'm up in Fort Collins tinkering a bit, trying to figure out how everything works.

When I scan 2M, I find frequencies that show S-9, but I only hear static??? I don't *think* I need tones setup to listen? Any, I tried Tone, CTCSs and DCS tone scanning, and nothing came up. In this example, the frequency is 147.470. Anyone have any ideas?

Uncle Ben

Hard Core 4+
I received my Kenwood TH-F6A yesterday. Today, I'm up in Fort Collins tinkering a bit, trying to figure out how everything works.

When I scan 2M, I find frequencies that show S-9, but I only hear static??? I don't *think* I need tones setup to listen? Any, I tried Tone, CTCSs and DCS tone scanning, and nothing came up. In this example, the frequency is 147.470. Anyone have any ideas?

Usually, if you punch the freq into Google it will give you the repeater info. I punched yours in and got other states but didn't see any in Colorado.

Hants

Rising Sun Member
Thanks. I'm guessing it wasn't an FM signal, even though it is in the middle of the FM simplex range.

I did get something out of it, though. I figured out how to exclude certain memories from Memory Scan.

Just read up on Colorado & Utah Band Plans, too... lots of brain stretch'n going on.

:beer:

Uncle Ben

Hard Core 4+
Thanks. I'm guessing it wasn't an FM signal, even though it is in the middle of the FM simplex range.

I did get something out of it, though. I figured out how to exclude certain memories from Memory Scan.

Just read up on Colorado & Utah Band Plans, too... lots of brain stretch'n going on.

:beer:

Good luck with that! :rolleyes: I have been over stressed lately and even though I am usually a very quick learner I am finding this freq and propagation stuff is bouncing right off the steel plate in my head! I am going to take a break from it for a while and let it trickle charge in....maybe I can enjoy it more! :homer: