Free Parts

Free Parts - New & Used

I HAVE UPDATED THIS POSTING TO IDENTIFY THE PARTS THAT PEOPLE HAVE DIBS ON. Last Updated on 9-16-08

I'm cleaning out the garage today and realize I don't have enough room to keep all the FJ40 parts I've accumulated. So if anybody wants to come get any or all of this stuff, here's what I have:

USED PARTS
1974 F block - good candidate for a rebuild - It's a transition motor ('74 1/2) with the oil filter on the block.
3 cylinder heads
2 oil pans - [Rogue Leader]
1 F crank
5 F pistons and connecting rods
lifters
F side cover
2F side cover sandblasted and painted (like new) - [Ige]
F valve covers
2 radiators
F metal fan
'72 gas tank (has a few pin holes from rust on bottom)
3 distributors
F motor mounts
2F intake and exhaust manifold - [Ige]
2F air rail
crank pulleys
head bolts
3 speed clutch & pressure plate - used but in good condition
4 speed clutch & pressure plate - used but in good condition
2F oil pump
starter
FJ60 ignition coil
'72 OEM air filter - still good I think
2 - Goodyear Wrangler AT/S tires P235/75R15 - I was holding onto them as spares

NEW PARTS
2F set of Clevite bearings - .25mm
ITM oil pump
4 - 25mm freeze plugs
2 - 24mm freeze plugs
5 - 50mm freeze plugs
2F set of Dura-bond cam bearings
2F set of Clevite main bearings - .25mm
2F ITM Engine Gasket kit - If you're rebuilding a 2F and don't mind aftermarket parts this stuff is for you. - [Jeff Zepp]
2F OEM exhaust gasket - [Ige]
2F OEM side cover gasket - [Ige]
'72 OEM fuel filter

You get the idea - lots of stuff that I think is worth keeping but I just don't have the room for it all in my garage.

It would be great if someone could stockpile the parts for club members as I'm sure these parts are going to be harder and harder to find in the future.

Kent

Last edited:
Will a 2f exhaust manifold fit onto a F1.5? If so I would gladly take that off your hands. Also what years are your Distributors?

Will a 2f exhaust manifold fit onto a F1.5? If so I would gladly take that off your hands. Also what years are your Distributors?

The manifold studs on a 2F are larger than on the F. One of the distributors is off a '75 2F, the other is off a '72 F and the other is unknown to me.

dang, how bout your oil pans? Negatory on the dist. looking for a vac advance. If the parts are taking up too much room and need to be gone soon I can store the whole lot.

dang, how bout your oil pans? Negatory on the dist. looking for a vac advance. If the parts are taking up too much room and need to be gone soon I can store the whole lot.

Come and get it. I'll PM you my address.

K I just cant take some of the bigger stuff. All I have working big enough is a Jeep Wrangler. A lot of the engine parts I could use cause im rebuilding my F1.5 and they would fit in my storage space better.

K I just cant take some of the bigger stuff. All I have working big enough is a Jeep Wrangler. A lot of the engine parts I could use cause im rebuilding my F1.5 and they would fit in my storage space better.

Please quote the listing of parts and identify what you'll be taking so that people know what's still up for grabs. Thanks.

Last edited:
Here is a list of the parts I can store for the club. I don't know what I will be needing but can edit the list as I use parts.

USED PARTS
1 cylinder heads
2 oil pans
1 F crank
lifters
F side cover
2F side cover sandblasted and painted (like new)
F valve covers
3 distributors
F motor mounts
2F intake and exhaust manifold
2F air rail
crank pulleys
head bolts
2F oil pump
starter
FJ60 ignition coil

NEW PARTS
ITM oil pump
4 - 25mm freeze plugs
2 - 24mm freeze plugs
5 - 50mm freeze plugs
2F ITM Engine Gasket kit - If you're rebuilding a 2F and don't mind aftermarket parts this stuff is for you.
2F OEM exhaust gasket
2F OEM side cover gasket
'72 OEM fuel filter

I just cant fit radiators and engine blocks in our crawl space. I can make up some kind of excel Spreadsheet and post it up with parts available and inventory them.

nuclearlemon

Hard Core 4+
can i get the 2f side cover gasket and side cover?

anyone know what sizes the f and 2f exhaust manifold studs are? i can't remember all the po said about motor and the manifolds i've got...i'm thinking, the extra manifold set i have are f (intake and exhaust) and that he put a 2f into the pig. if so, i'll take the 2f set and exhaust gasket from you and rogue leader can have my f setup.

Ige, i only need your exhaust Manifold but would be happy to take the intake off of your hands.

Add a slightly used OEM 2F manifold gasket to the list - less than 150 miles on the gasket.

timmbuck2

RS Club TLCA Delegate
Cruise Moab Committee
I can't use anything now, but can store it all in my storage unit for the club...

Add a pair of front helper leafs to the list. These were used when the FJ40 was saddled with a snowplow.

Rzeppa

Rising Sun Member
Hi Kent, I'll be glad to take the engine gasket kit. I have two 2Fs and one F on stands in my garage and plan to build one good engine from them. Thanks and happy cruisin'!

Air Randy

Hard Core 4+

Rogue leader - What type of distributor are you looking for? I have the stock vacuum advance distributor out of my 74 F engine along with the coil & ignitor. It was running OK with it when I took it out and put in an HEI unit.

Here is a list of the parts I can store for the club. I don't know what I will be needing but can edit the list as I use parts.

USED PARTS
1 cylinder heads
2 oil pans
1 F crank
lifters
F side cover
2F side cover sandblasted and painted (like new)
F valve covers
3 distributors
F motor mounts
2F intake and exhaust manifold
2F air rail
crank pulleys
head bolts
2F oil pump
starter
FJ60 ignition coil

NEW PARTS
ITM oil pump
4 - 25mm freeze plugs
2 - 24mm freeze plugs
5 - 50mm freeze plugs
2F ITM Engine Gasket kit - If you're rebuilding a 2F and don't mind aftermarket parts this stuff is for you.
2F OEM exhaust gasket
2F OEM side cover gasket
'72 OEM fuel filter

I just cant fit radiators and engine blocks in our crawl space. I can make up some kind of excel Spreadsheet and post it up with parts available and inventory them.

Rogue Leader - This is starting to get messy.

You were first to post that you wanted everything but the big stuff so you have first dibs but you need to come and get the parts within the next few days. Otherwise, go back to the list and identify the items that you really need so that others can get what they need. As soon as the dust settles, We'll have Tim come and get what is left over and put it in his storage unit. I need it all out of my garage by Friday.

Thanks.
Kent

nuclearlemon

Hard Core 4+
Rogue Leader - This is starting to get messy.

You were first to post that you wanted everything but the big stuff so you have first dibs but you need to come and get the parts within the next few days. Otherwise, go back to the list and identify the items that you really need so that others can get what they need. As soon as the dust settles, We'll have Tim come and get what is left over and put it in his storage unit. I need it all out of my garage by Friday.

Thanks.
Kent

kent, if you check the first sentence he's just offering to store the parts. all he really needs is an oil pan. i also forwarded a pm from him stating the same.

ige

Sorry for messing everything up. Ige is right I only needed the oil pan but was offering to store the smaller items in some extra space that I have. It sounds like Tim has a better solution to the storage issue. Mtn Trucker i wanted to upgrade my stock 74 distributor to a vacuum advance from a 60 or later 2F.

Sorry for messing everything up. Ige is right I only needed the oil pan but was offering to store the smaller items in some extra space that I have. It sounds like Tim has a better solution to the storage issue. Mtn Trucker i wanted to upgrade my stock 74 distributor to a vacuum advance from a 60 or later 2F.

Not a problem. I understand.

Rogue Leader - I'll go ahead and set the oil pans aside for you.

Ige - The side cover and gasket are yours.

Jeff - The 2F gasket kit is yours. Do you still have a good stock 40 front left leaf spring laying around that you could part with?

Tim - Are you still willing to store the rest of the parts?

I'll go back and edit the original post so that people know what's still available.

Thanks.
Kent

Rzeppa

Rising Sun Member
Jeff - The 2F gasket kit is yours. Do you still have a good stock 40 front left leaf spring laying around that you could part with?

I do, but I wouldn't call it "good", just serviceable. BTW, there is no left or right, they are just front and back. Fronts are 7 leaves, back are 6. Thanks and happy cruisin'!