• ColoYota Expo: swap meet + show and shine. Saturday, May 11 from 10 am - 2 pm
    Get Details & Register Now!
    . Only $5 to attend (no additional charge to participate in the swap meet).

Hey Guest, we need volunteers to help run the event. Please sign up here.

Found this over on Mud

bh4rnnr

Outlaw, Scoundrel, Miscreant
Some people just dont get it:rolleyes:

Link

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
Woody locked it down. Once he moves it to land use, we should have Bill go in there and post some of the actual facts about the recreation area.

nuclearlemon

Hard Core 4+
or we could just shoot the guy :hill:

Romer

RS Moderator
Staff member
It is unlocked. woody worked his magic and that discussion never took place

Red_Chili

Hard Core 4+
Surely that is not representative of the relative awareness on Mud, is it???

No facts that a little opinionating and attacking "those other nasty OHV users, who ride ATVs", and ''those eco-nazi's" won't take care of, eh? Well, I wish it were isolated... but it's not. CO4x4 is more of the same some days.

Lord forbid someone should actually go look up the facts on the Boulder Ranger District site. Or even actually run it so they know the conditions on the ground. [END_RANT]

Our own worst enemies... OOPS, rant bleed. Memory violation.

Red_Chili

Hard Core 4+
Ya know, as I mused this last night, I realized what I hammered out in a hurry didn't come across like I'd wanted. Of course it is not the attitude on Mud. That's why the thread was "administered"; it's not tolerated. It was meant as sort of a rhetorical question; no wonder the committed greens perceive us so.

The rest came across pretty accurately though...

Romer

RS Moderator
Staff member
The rest of the mudders jumped his ass. My suggestion in the mod corner was to leave it because the other members were doing the policing and I thought it would help educate others. woody picked a modified approach.

bh4rnnr

Outlaw, Scoundrel, Miscreant
Romer said:
The rest of the mudders jumped his ass. My suggestion in the mod corner was to leave it because the other members were doing the policing and I thought it would help educate others. woody picked a modified approach.

I was happy to see all of them giviing that guy a hard time. Loved the part where he thought America was turning into a commy state:rolleyes:

Red_Chili

Hard Core 4+
To many Texans, you'd be amazed what qualifies as commy. Takes libertarian to a whole new level.

Oops, my wife is a Texan. Don't tell her what I said...

I do think self-policing and us giving very clear social feedback to fellow OHVers is a very good thing. I am just concerned that some from the other side lift these things out of context for cynical purposes. So mebbe Woody took the right path.