• TONIGHT! UPDATED LOCATION DUE TO RAIN FORECAST: MAY 2024 CLUB MEETING
    Hi Guest: The next RS meeting will be Wednesday, May 1, 2024 at 7:30 p.m. The meeting will be held indoors at the fabulous Golden Gate Canyon Grange. Click here for directions. We'll be talking ColoYota Expo and Cruise Moab.

⦿ If you are eligible for club membership, please fill out an application in advance of the meeting and bring it with you.

flyfishing with the rising sun?

Beater

Hard Core 4+
deckers is always packed.. update soon!

Beater

Hard Core 4+
ok - soooo it looks like metberry is good. I am thinking about this weekend. It's my birthday weekend as well.

I have never run the trail, so can we get someone to step up to lead?

Here are the options as I see it.

camp/fish eleven mile canyon, to heck with wheeling

camp/fish metberry, and see the burn area

I would like to leave Denver around 7am, that way we could fish the last of the morning rise (maybe) fish that night, fish again in the morning, and head out around noon-two

Thoughts?

subzali

Hard Core 4+
Dude, this weekend is a little short notice for me, especially with the Argentine Trail cleanup on Sunday. Either option sounds good to me, I don't know if you need permitting or anything to camp in Metberry. Might ask the CLC guys, maybe some of them would want to go to? I'll go start a thread on their forum...

EDIT: Here's the thread

EDIT again: I just looked at the Calendar, and the weekend of July 12-13 is open as of now, so that might be a good weekend to shoot for!

Last edited:

Beater

Hard Core 4+
well - I know it's the clean up weekend, but I try and fish every year for my b-day.

Who can be in for this weekend at metberry? If we can get 3-4 people, we'll head out. If not, I will just go to elevenmile canyon, and fish my self stupid...

Tentative plan. Leave REAL early saturday morning. (meet in castlerock to depart at 8am sharp) head to divide, run trail, find camping/parking

fish eat sleep, repeat.

I have never fished this north (from the south) on the platte, I usually stop at lake george. I hear it's not eroded, but not un-fishable.

From what I hear, the caddis flurry is about over. Baetis and duns are coming on, with stonefly's (yellows) around once and awhile.

If you don't know what those are, bring parachute adams, royal wolfes, intimidators and the like. size 16 to 12

maybe a hopper or two.

WHO's IN?

Beater

Hard Core 4+
ok - we will reschedule for the weekend of july 12!

subzali

Hard Core 4+
I'll try to be in. :thumb:

RockRunner

Hard Core 4+
Doc still has to clear me to do anything but walk. As soon as he says I can move my body I am in for something. I will be practicing at Waterton as soon as I get the go ahead but will want to venture out and learn from all the masters what little pieces of cloth I need to tie on my line to catch the lunkers......;-)