FJ40 Fuel Tank 73-78 - Free

Shark Bait

Rising Sun Member
I have an FJ40 fuel tank I removed from my orange 40. I suffered from dirt and gunk in my fuel line, so I replaced it. It probably just needs cleaning. From what you can see through the sender hole it looks OK. If no one wants it I will try and sell it on IH8MUD. I'll be back in town Thursday evening. :)

RockRunner

Hard Core 4+
Do you kow the dimensions of it? Looking to put one behind the axle in my 4Runner.

Air Randy

Hard Core 4+
Go to the CCOT website, they sell replica OEM tanks that are the same size. It fits under the passenger seat.

Why don't you just go to Yoda Jim's in Denver? He has every type of Toyota truck fuel tank you can think of, tell him what you're trying to do and he'll tell you what to use. That way you get a tank that already has the right fuel pump and sending unit in it.

RockRunner

Hard Core 4+
I may just do that, My old tank will stick through the top like Isaac did. I am looking for a flat tank like the 40 that will hold about 10 gallons but not to deep. I have more length and width than depth.

I need to go there anyway to see if I can find another ASIAN hub for a second spare.

Good idea Randy.

Shark Bait

Rising Sun Member
I may have a taker. If not I will post back up. :p:

nanuk

Chris,

If you don't have a taker, I will jump in line. Years ago I took the tank out of the 74 to put in the 75, now I am finally hoping to get the 74 going again.

Last edited:

RicardoJM

Hard Core 4+
Chris,

If you don't have a taker, I will jump in line. Years ago I took the tank out of the 74 to put in the 75, now I am finally hoping to get the 74 going again.

I know nanuk is second in line, but in case he becomes first and this all happens quickly - I'll be heading to Pueblo on Monday to do some fishing and could shuttle the tank down there. :thumb:

Is the tank taken?

Thanks
Sean