• UPDATED LOCATION DUE TO FORECAST OF RAIN: MAY 2024 CLUB MEETING
    Hi Guest: The next RS meeting will be Wednesday, May 1, 2024 at 7:30 p.m. The meeting will be held indoors at the fabulous Golden Gate Canyon Grange. Click here for directions. We'll be talking ColoYota Expo and Cruise Moab.

⦿ If you are eligible for club membership, please fill out an application in advance of the meeting and bring it with you.

FJ-62 Air Pump

Cheeseman

Rising Sun Member
I think this paricular piece of OEM equipment is finally talking loud enough that I need to replace it. Bearings of course. Anyone got one for less than and arm and a case of beer. I am replacing the belts this week and that would be a good time to do both.

I'm assuming you can't just try and squirt a little oil on it and the loud squealing will magically go away. Beer sure didn't work.

Greg Luer
________
HALF-BAKED

Last edited:

Uncle Ben

Hard Core 4+
I think this paricular piece of OEM equipment is finally talking loud enough that I need to replace it. Bearings of course. Anyone got one for less than and arm and a case of beer. I am replacing the belts this week and that would be a good time to do both.

I'm assuming you can't just try and squirt a little oil on it and the loud squealing will magically go away. Beer sure didn't work.

Greg Luer

Bearing noise or just noise? Take that sucker apart....might just be corrosion sticking the vanes to the rotor.

Cheeseman

Rising Sun Member
When I was refilling the radiator after I flushed out the heater coils some fluid got over into the pulley shaft and made a baaadddd noise until it dried out. Than just the light squeeling that I have been used to.
________
Buy glass bong

Last edited:

Red_Chili

Hard Core 4+
When I got rad fluid on my belts, they were gone. Dry or not. Had to replace 'em. Possibility?

Crash

Rising Sun Member
When I got rad fluid on my belts, they were gone. Dry or not. Had to replace 'em. Possibility?

Try a little belt dressing on the belt that drives the air pump. If that cures the squeal for even a little bit, then you know the pump is okay and belt replacement is in order. NAPA used to sell an air pump for about $100 or so.

treerootCO

Rising Sun Member
I have an 83 air pump on the parts 60. It might be the same.

Uncle Ben

Hard Core 4+
Try a little belt dressing on the belt that drives the air pump. If that cures the squeal for even a little bit, then you know the pump is okay and belt replacement is in order. NAPA used to sell an air pump for about $100 or so.

Quicker than that.....spray wd-40 on the belt! If it's the belt the noise will diapper imeadiately but do remember the WD will wear off rather quickly!