First taste of CO dirt...

Good times today. So nice to be out and exploring. Just a few photos for now, more later.

Slavin_120324_1648.jpg

Slavin_120324_1730.jpg

:thumb:

Jacket

RS Moderator
Staff member
Lookin' good! Not much snow left down there huh?

bomber22

Trail Ready
not sure where wear those pics were taking but they are good, i like the pic of the aspen's. good job smslavin !

subzali

Hard Core 4+
Is that Yankee Hill? Or Slaughterhouse? Or neither? :hill:

Oh, I guess this isn't the Name the Trail game...:p:

MountainGoat

Club Treasurer
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
It's Slaughterhouse. I snuck up and ran it on Friday morning. No snow, mostly dry with a little ice here and there. I did have to strap a tree off the trail about a third of a mile before the gate at the top (pic #3). Saw one occupied campsite and 2 other trucks. When I came out there were a couple of dirt bikes fixin to head up.

Lookin' good! Not much snow left down there huh?

Thanks. No, not much. Some in the trees at the top but that's it.

bomber22 said:
not sure where wear those pics were taking but they are good, i like the pic of the aspen's. good job smslavin !

Slaughterhouse Gulch. Thanks.

MountainGoat said:
It's Slaughterhouse. I snuck up and ran it on Friday morning. No snow, mostly dry with a little ice here and there. I did have to strap a tree off the trail about a third of a mile before the gate at the top (pic #3). Saw one occupied campsite and 2 other trucks. When I came out there were a couple of dirt bikes fixin to head up.

Saw a couple of trucks parked in the trees, passed a couple on ATVs and a group of kids on a hike that had a definite Lord of the Flies feel about them. Looking forward to getting back up there in the fall when the aspens turn.

Shot a little video too. This is a totally different medium than what I'm used to with stills and I'm still getting it nailed down. Fun though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMt6875mo9k&hd=1

HoneyBadger

Rising Sun Member
Shot a little video too. This is a totally different medium than what I'm used to with stills and I'm still getting it nailed down. Fun though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMt6875mo9k&hd=1

Very cool. :thumb: I'm guessing you caught that with a GoPro?
Thanks for reminding me of Slaughterhouse gulch. It's been years since i've been up there. I'll have to go check that out next weekend.