fat bikes

white wings

Hard Core 4+
Being a weirdo Minnesotan, we raced these (studded and non) in the winter. As mentioned in the first page, these are GREAT on snow but I giggle a little when I see someone on the sidewalks here in Broomfield... Maybe it's me but I like to go fast!

You cant go fast on a road bike in the snow, these are your solution.

I love mine! I have a full suspension Salsa Bucksaw and love the hell out of it. I do agree with Dave that they are not the fastest bike around but I can say that I keep up with almost everyone I ride with as long as it's not a super technical downhill.

I ride a dirt bike all summer and when it came to cross training on my skinny tire bike I didn't always feel comfortable with how it washed out in decomposed granite and other loose terrain. The fatty rolls right over such terrain in places like Buffalo Creek area!

It puts a smile on my face and all my other buddies that take it for a spin. Now 3 years later (after my purchase) I would maybe do another bike such a the Yeti SB5+ but that's new technology and trends for ya. I honestly don't think I would but a skinny tired bike unless it was used strictly for road use.

Suggestion for anyone on-the-fence, go rent and ride a plus sized tire bike on a trail and you will see how well it climbs as well as how it handles on the downhill!

To each their own..I'm not out to break speed records. I'm out to have a great time and keep up and my one quiver bike does that just fine! :) Happy riding folks!

Cocarlisle

Hard Core 4+
I love mine! I have a full suspension Salsa Bucksaw and love the hell out of it. I do agree with Dave that they are not the fastest bike around but I can say that I keep up with almost everyone I ride with as long as it's not a super technical downhill.

I ride a dirt bike all summer and when it came to cross training on my skinny tire bike I didn't always feel comfortable with how it washed out in decomposed granite and other loose terrain. The fatty rolls right over such terrain in places like Buffalo Creek area!

It puts a smile on my face and all my other buddies that take it for a spin. Now 3 years later (after my purchase) I would maybe do another bike such a the Yeti SB5+ but that's new technology and trends for ya. I honestly don't think I would but a skinny tired bike unless it was used strictly for road use.

Suggestion for anyone on-the-fence, go rent and ride a plus sized tire bike on a trail and you will see how well it climbs as well as how it handles on the downhill!

To each their own..I'm not out to break speed records. I'm out to have a great time and keep up and my one quiver bike does that just fine! :) Happy riding folks!

X2 on the bucksaw
I also am coming from dirt bikes
Lots of fun but not the fastest
Not much slower just not the fastest

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
I am enjoying the Trek Farley that I purchased from Steve... a real monster with the 27.5" tires, but seems to just roll over stuff. Got it out on the trail yesterday and was first tracks of the year through a number of drifts, super fun. Also just a great pedal up the hill to get there, my legs were burning a little but so what couldn't think of a better way to spend the afternoon. Jason's old bike is also in the shed in the wings... so counting the wife's we got 3 of these now. I guess I have turned the corner on fat bikes, for me it's brought the fun back into going outside and riding your bike.

IMG_2505.jpg
IMG_2506.jpg
IMG_2512.jpg

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
Here's the lineup... :)

IMG_2267.jpg
IMG_2276.jpg
IMG_2278.jpg