• ColoYota Expo: swap meet + show and shine. Saturday, May 11 from 10 am - 2 pm
    Get Details & Register Now!
    . Only $5 to attend (no additional charge to participate in the swap meet).

Hey Guest, we need volunteers to help run the event. Please sign up here.

Fall Ouray Trip Oct 9-13

zombie2hundo

Rising Sun Member
Looking for a couple of rad peeps who want to see the Fall colors and run the best trails in Ouray. I plan on leaving the Front Range Monday Oct 9th and returning Friday Oct 13th.

I want to limit this to 5 trucks total. So 4 more trucks. That being said considering it will be 5 days during the work week I’m guessing it might be tough to fill up.

I’ll be running my fully built 200 series.

Let’s F’ing go!

Notyourmomslx450

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
during the week is to hard for me to pull off, but sounds like the perfect time to head that way.

mulebarn

Rising Sun Member
Sounds like a fun trip - I’m doing the COBDR in early/mid September on dual sport motos to try to maximize fall color peeping in the San Juans. It should be amazing this year with all the rain we’ve had. FWIW, usually in the high country down there the color peaks in September, but might still be hanging around a wee bit in October. Usually though, in October the color is best down toward Pagosa, Dolores, etc (7000-8000‘)

zombie2hundo

Rising Sun Member
Yeah I know it might be a little late for prime colors but also less peeps and cooler temps which I dig.

Hey @mulebarn aren’t you about to leave the Toyota fam? 😉

mulebarn

Rising Sun Member
Yeah I know it might be a little late for prime colors but also less peeps and cooler temps which I dig.

Hey @mulebarn aren’t you about to leave the Toyota fam? 😉

You never leave… you just take breaks. :)

It’s 30º on Berthoud Pass this morning with a 16º wind chill, in case you’re seeking cooler temps today!

zombie2hundo

Rising Sun Member
Nice, on my way to sleep at the base of Red Cone tonight before running the trail at sunrise tomorrow.

mulebarn

Rising Sun Member
FWIW, I’ll be taking a buddy on a super chill trip on the southern part of the UTBDR, and then around some of the intro-level trails in Moab the week of Oct 25, if anyone wants to join us. We’ll camp on the BDR (assuming weather permits), and then get a condo/house in Moab for 2-3 days. It’ll be two more or less stock Tundras, to give you an idea of difficulty.

-Gino