F Intake Manifold on a 2F?

Shark Bait

Rising Sun Member
Will an '68-'74 F intake manifold work on a 2F? Some guy wants to by the one I have but he's not sure if it will fit his 2F.

TIA

Uncle Ben

Hard Core 4+
Will an '68-'74 F intake manifold work on a 2F? Some guy wants to by the one I have but he's not sure if it will fit his 2F.

TIA

Yes, although there might be missing some emission hook up bosses and ports. It will fit the head and the carb bases are the same.

Shark Bait

Rising Sun Member
Thanks! He's putting it on a 2F in a '67 in GA.

Last edited:

Rzeppa

Rising Sun Member
The studs/bolts for an F are M10 and a 2F are M12. To fit, it will require "step down" studs which are M12 for the 2F head on the inside and M10 on the outside for the F manifolds.

My understanding is that the 1 BBL carb was used through 3/69, so he'll either need a later carb or an aftermarket, along with the appropriate spacer ("insulator") or adapter for aftermarket carb. IIRC the 1 BBL carb used 2 studs to mount on the intake and the 2 BBL uses 4.

60wag

Rising Sun Member
Aren't the F exhaust manifolds missing the outer bolt on cyls 1 and 6? Seems a waste of a couple of very useful bolt holes in the head.

Shark Bait

Rising Sun Member
Thanks guys. The guy ended up buying the manifold. He's running headers, too. He wasn't concerned.