• ColoYota Expo: swap meet + show and shine. Saturday, May 11 from 10 am - 2 pm
    Get Details & Register Now!
    . Only $5 to attend (no additional charge to participate in the swap meet).

Hey Guest, we need volunteers to help run the event. Please sign up here.

Exhaust shops

MDH33

Hard Core 4+
I did a search but couldn't find specifics about locations, contact info, etc.

I'm looking for an exhaust shop that will do a custom exhaust for a 40. I saw the links that Uncle Ben posted and the thread on CO4x4 and it seemed the votes were for "Chuck at Discount Muffler". Unfortunately there was no contact info.

Any leads/suggestion appreciated.

:cheers:

wesintl

RS Moderator
The Raffle truck went to Exhaust pros in commerce city. I'll have to add them to the vendor page... hum

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
These guys are great:

AA Performance Muffler & Brake Center
3898 S. Broadway
Englewood, CO 80110
303-806-8634

J Kimmel

Hard Core 4+
Is this the Discount Muffler on Evans, just west of I-25? If so, they put a big For Sale sign in front of the building a couple of weeks ago...

don't know about the for sale, maybe it was something else :confused:

I got mine done there, and its bitchen! He really cleaned it up for me.

Uncle Ben

Hard Core 4+
I ended up going to Rick at Exhaust Pros on Huron and about 115th. Exceptional work and very reasonable price! I would go to him again in a heartbeat! I, unfortunately, now need to kick it up a step as it is operant that with the ported and bored new motor 3" mandrel bent pipe is my next move. I also want to do full stainless to control the heat. After much more searching and research I know my next shop will be Bud's on Sante Fe. Bud is legendary it seems and so the downside is a 2 week waiting list for him to do the work. The top three choices remain (in respective order);
Bud's on Sante Fe
Chuck at Discount on Evans
Rick at Exhaust Pros on Huron

Bud and Chuck seem to share popularity although Chuck doesn't have a mandrel bender. BTW, I have put quite a bit of time into narrowing this down! If you just need a standard type of job I think most shops can accommodate and do great work! If you have some tricky work to be done then you need to seek out the tube bending/fitment artists. On an 80 the routing to keep the pipes flowing well and tucked above the frame takes some creative and very experienced talents!
Good luck and report back on what your choices were for future searches! :thumb: :cheers:

I did a search but couldn't find specifics about locations, contact info, etc.

I'm looking for an exhaust shop that will do a custom exhaust for a 40. I saw the links that Uncle Ben posted and the thread on CO4x4 and it seemed the votes were for "Chuck at Discount Muffler". Unfortunately there was no contact info.

Any leads/suggestion appreciated.

:cheers:

Uncle Ben

Hard Core 4+
How 'bout Hanksville Hot Rods, in Littleton? Guy seems real nice and also seems to really know what he's doing.

I have had them referenced a few times in my quest with very positive comments! They also have an outsource for high temp ceramic coating of the entire system!

MDH33

Hard Core 4+
Thanks for the leads. I'm going to call some of the suggested places and get some prices and find out about wait times/appointments. My 40 has a "custom" exhuast system now that is far from stock and I have some clearance issues as well as an aftermarket header. I was hoping for a shop with 4x4 experience so I won't have to worry about snapping off more exhaust hangers (Moab) ;)

A friend of mine just inherited a '67 40 and he'll be needing a new system front to back in the coming weeks as well.

I'll post up what I find and the results.

Thanks! :thumb:

timmbuck2

RS Club TLCA Delegate
Cruise Moab Committee
cool, let me know how the experience goes...as soon as I get TreeRoot's 2F in my 40, I will need an exhaust!!!

T

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
I also want to get some exhaust work done on the 40 this year, mainly to point it out behind the driver's tire instead of in the middle in back, so I get fewer fumes inside. I was planning on using Exhaust Pros since they donated their work to our raffle truck.. will post up the experience once I get around to it.

Nemo

Trail Ready
Thread Hijack. I have an FZJ80 with S/C and am in need of a new exhaust and possibly the cats replaced. Anyone have a suggestion on where to go for this truck. Any experiences or suggestions of places you folks have gone? An idea on price would be nice too. I would like to have it routed differently than factory ie. tucked as far up as possible.

Thanks

MDH33

Hard Core 4+
See Kevins post #6 above. He mentions a shop he's using for a custom wagon exhaust.

Also see Wes and Nakmans responses, #2 and #12, the shop that did the 62 Raffle truck system.

Thread Hijack. I have an FZJ80 with S/C and am in need of a new exhaust and possibly the cats replaced. Anyone have a suggestion on where to go for this truck. Any experiences or suggestions of places you folks have gone? An idea on price would be nice too. I would like to have it routed differently than factory ie. tucked as far up as possible.

Thanks

Red_Chili

Hard Core 4+
How 'bout Hanksville Hot Rods, in Littleton? Guy seems real nice and also seems to really know what he's doing.
IIRC he offered to bend DOM for wheelers too at a discount. I've heard positive things on CO4x4 about him.

nuclearlemon

Hard Core 4+
i'll second both aa in englewood and the exhaust pros in commerce city

corsair23

Hard Core 4+
If you can support the Raffle Rig vendor I'd vote for that :)

Otherwise I'd third AA in Englewood. Did the work on my Durango and it was quick, inexpensive, and well done.

I don't know if this is just suddenly because it is the busy time of the year for them, but Bud's did the exhaust on my FJ62 v8 conversion about a month ago and I got it in and out in one day. Awesome work, nice guy. He called when it was done to say that it was up on the hoist still and that I could come check it out. Hopped in the '60 and drove down there - it looked great.

They did a great job and had no problem with the car not running. I dropped it off not running in the parking lot and he even offered to help put it back on the trailer when it was done. I couldn't take advantage of the offer, but I really appreciated it.

He even put it together with flanges so that I could take it apart to remove the transmission and tranfer case without cutting the exhaust apart.