• ColoYota Expo: swap meet + show and shine. Saturday, May 11 from 10 am - 2 pm
    Get Details & Register Now!
    . Only $5 to attend (no additional charge to participate in the swap meet).

Hey Guest, we need volunteers to help run the event. Please sign up here.

Exhaust question on 3.4L

Hey all, I have almost completed putting daisydog's 3.4L taco motor into our new 4runner. Im have a slight issue with the exhaust though. As we know the taco exhaust runs down the passenger side and 3.o runs down the drivers side. I figured no big deal boy I was wrong. The current problem im having is the exhaust from the engine is hitting against the frame rail not allowing me to move the case in to position to bolt up. After scratching my head for a while I have decided that I may try true duals.....but will the ECM be okay reading off just the right bank? Basically im trying to find a way NOT to spend another 300 on a piece of pipe from ORS. Any ideas/input would be awesome and greatly appreciated :)

Red_Chili

Hard Core 4+
I think you'd be best off spending the bucks for the ORS pipe. I don't think the ECM will be happy reading half the gasses.

FWIW, the ORS pipe is sweet and trail tested (on my truck BTW, Mike added a flex coupler to it that makes it bulletproof).

You'll probably also be happiest with a 2.5" exhaust including the high flow cat.