even more LEDs...

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
I got side tracked on my speaker install tonight, so while I had the rear panels off I tackled another mod I've been meaning to get to. Same principle as the mod I did on the front doors, just piggy backed another set of LED's from superbright onto the existing door lights, that light up the floor area better. Pretty happy with how it came out, and looking forward to being able to find that ______ next time I am fumbling around for it in the dark. enjoy...

Attachments

• more_led1.jpg
    more_led1.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 222
  • more_led3.jpg
    more_led3.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 224
  • more_led2.jpg
    more_led2.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 225
  • more_led4.jpg
    more_led4.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 891
  • more_led5.jpg
    more_led5.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 225

corsair23

Hard Core 4+
Tim,

Yet another cool idea :)

Perfect for when the kids drop stuff on the floor! Did you do the rears only or the front and rears?

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
Yeah, exactly the little cluster of 4 from the "accent lighting" line. Jeff I did the fronts a couple years ago, these little things are still going strong. Except on the front the new ones point 90° from the stock bulbs. On the rears, the new ones are pointing in the same direction. it'll make more sense next time you open one of my doors.. but check out this thread for the fronts, my pics start on page 2 http://forum.ih8mud.com/showthread.php?t=20876.

MDH33

Hard Core 4+
Coool, thanks for the inspiration. My 40 has almost no interior light, especially in the dash. I might have to make some LED mods and get things a little brighter in there.

Convert

Hard Core 4+

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member

Naw, gotta be my 80 with flashing undercarriage lights. If only I knew how to do that.. if someone else can, here's a pic

Attachments

• nakman_smiley copy.jpg
    nakman_smiley copy.jpg
    1 KB · Views: 181

Uncle Ben

Hard Core 4+
Come on...only one true Naksmiley...

Attachments

• Nakgadget.jpg
    Nakgadget.jpg
    3.2 KB · Views: 140

corsair23

Hard Core 4+
Jeff I did the fronts a couple years ago, these little things are still going strong. Except on the front the new ones point 90° from the stock bulbs. On the rears, the new ones are pointing in the same direction. it'll make more sense next time you open one of my doors.. but check out this thread for the fronts, my pics start on page 2 http://forum.ih8mud.com/showthread.php?t=20876.

You know...Some day I am actually going to have to look inside your Cruiser at all the cool gizmos you have :thumb:

Inukshuk

Rising Sun Member
I just ordered lights from superbrightLED.com for the domes and maps. We'll see how they are. If not bright enough I'll spend the $45 for George Couyant's superbright map light LED's. I also ordered LED lights for my low voltage yard lighting. That could be cool!!

Last edited:

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
I just ordered lights from superbrightLED.com for the domes and maps. We'll see how they are. If not bright enough I'll spend the $45 for George Couyant's superbright map light LED's. I also ordered LED lights for my low voltage yard lighting. That could be cool!!

cool, I'll be interested to see what the map light does.. that's one I still haven't changed yet. Shark Baiter has the George map light, and it's way bright.. be cool to see the comparison.

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
I have all George's lights too -- had them since 2004. They are still way bright. :)

Shark Bait

Rising Sun Member
cool, I'll be interested to see what the map light does.. that's one I still haven't changed yet. Shark Baiter has the George map light, and it's way bright.. be cool to see the comparison.

I love mine. If I bring Tim a 12-pack, maybe I can upgrade. :D

Inukshuk

Rising Sun Member
I figured I'd try them for the map light since two bulbs (one wide angle and one with four LED's) were only a total of $6. They should arrrive next week.

Now we need a night run. There are some seriously cool marker lights too. I can definitely see installing more as utility light. Has anyone run 12V to the liftgate?

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
Has anyone run 12V to the liftgate?

What do you think? I see we have much to talk about.. :)

Rezarf

Hard Core 4+
I have been getting LED Crazy too, I am replacing the bulbs on my 40's interior with the led conversion bulbs, as well as, adding some good useful light!

We should have a night party sometime... :D

timmbuck2

RS Club TLCA Delegate
Cruise Moab Committee
Add some multi-color blinking lights and you can join the rave the co4x4 guys are planning this weekend. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Timm :D

I have been getting LED Crazy too, I am replacing the bulbs on my 40's interior with the led conversion bulbs, as well as, adding some good useful light!

We should have a night party sometime... :D