Enduro speedos

Red_Chili

Hard Core 4+
So I had a perfectly fine, if hard to see, speedo/odo on the XR650R. This one:
http://www.bajadesigns.com/ProductDetail/370002_Speedo-Analog
370002.jpg

A somewhat unanticipated rapid descent on Rose Garden Hill pretty much took care of that one.

So I guess my next step is to enter the digital speedo age. Baja Designs has some nice (read: expensive) ones on their site, and don't list any Trail Tech which is what I remember guys were going to back in the day (although I remember some teething pain when they first came out). I really don't need much, a resettable tripmeter and I would really like to set the odo to existing mileage if possible, don't know if it is.

This one came up in the searches:
http://www.motorcycle-superstore.co...ss-Gauges-Trail-Tech-Vector-Computer-Kit.aspx
2008_Trail_Tech_Vector_Computer_Kit_--.jpg

Thoughts? I like the remote controller for the handlebar (though my handlebar is a little busy these days...)

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
I like the tach and temp stuff, if I get a new one would probably consider the Trail Tech Vapor?

edit: here you can see the shift light and temp light, both programmable:

Beater

Hard Core 4+
I have seen the vapor and vector on builds before. The graphics in full sun are my only concern on these as well as mounting

Red_Chili

Hard Core 4+
The Vector is available model-specific for the XR650R, that piqued my interest especially over the Vapor. More timekeeping enduro-style on the Vector.

I don't think the motor is tapped for a neutral indicator, Nak. The temp stuff would be cool. Right now I have a temp gauge in my fill cap. Mostly, a rollback tripmeter would be good for navigation...
"oops, took a wrong turn, now I see it on my map."
"OK, here's the junction, dang it, my tripmeter just resets to 0 and I need to roll off 3/10s! grumble grumble dagnabbit..."

I wish I could set the ODO for whatever is current. Kinda like the service interval programming.

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
A neutral indicator would be huge.

Red_Chili

Hard Core 4+
Not so much on the XR. Tap the shifter till she won't go, then a little up. Voila!

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
Why can't all bike transmissions be like my son's CRF50? all the way down is N, then up, up, up from there... so easy to hit N just keep pushing down!

Red_Chili

Hard Core 4+
Wouldn't like or want it. After a while you wouldn't either. Stop and think... going up a hill, 10/10ths, running on the low end of the powerband, almost there, almost there, stab for lower gear...

Do you really want neutral? :lmao:

Red_Chili

Hard Core 4+
:lmao: :lmao:
Of course... thinking what you thought... you still clicked on it... :homer:

Red_Chili

Hard Core 4+
Just ordered the TrailTech Vector so we shall see!

That headlight has me jonesin'... not for a while though. Too many home improvements to go. Found a GREAT, CHEAP, and GOOD QUALITY handyman LOCAL. Can't think of any other qualities I'd look for... The wall removal in the living room looks GREAT, and the wife is delighted...