End of 20 year friendship

BritKLR

Rising Sun Member
End of 2 decades of adventures.......Wednesday night I sold my old friend "KLR" to a young man in law school with grand dreams of adventure riding. He drove 2 1/2 hours from Wyoming to buy it. I'm thrilled that it'll live on to fulfill a young mans dreams. When I bought the KLR in 2004, I was starting a new adventure in my life and it helped me fulfill my dreams.

Kinda bitter sweet to see it go but, a new friend will replace it shortly.

IMG_3397.jpeg
IMG_6568.png
IMG_6580.png
IMG_6570.png
IMG_6575.png
IMG_6574.png
IMG_6572.png
IMG_6578.png
IMG_6577.png
IMG_6571.png
IMG_3415.jpeg
IMG_3419.jpeg

Johnny Utah

Rising Sun Member
It’s always hard to say goodbye to something you love.

CardinalFJ60

Rising Sun Member
Bittersweet. It’s going to be loved, and cherished. If you love something, set them free…free free, set them free

BritKLR

Rising Sun Member
It’s always hard to say goodbye to something you love.
The funny part is you're right. I hadn't planned on selling it because I just wanted to keep it for it's sentimental value and maybe turn it into a corner bar but, then it became clear that it still had a lot of life left in it and could offer someone else a chance to have some adventures. So, off it went.......I did kinda sniffle when we loaded it into the truck.

Johnny Utah

Rising Sun Member
What are you going to get as a replacement?

DaveInDenver

Rising Sun Ham Guru
The funny part is you're right. I hadn't planned on selling it because I just wanted to keep it for it's sentimental value and maybe turn it into a corner bar but, then it became clear that it still had a lot of life left in it and could offer someone else a chance to have some adventures. So, off it went.......I did kinda sniffle when we loaded it into the truck.
You did the right thing. Hang photos over the bar to remember the old friend. The bike is happier being a bike.

BritKLR

Rising Sun Member
What are you going to get as a replacement?

Yamaha Tenere 700.
I've rented one (made sure I could pick it up.....for obvious reasons!), researched the shit out of it, test rode a couple at the OE events and currently been looking for the limited all black version....Heck, I've already started buying farkles for it....just need the bike!
As soon as one pops up I'll buy it since we have our annual adventure motocamp ride scheduled for later this summer!
IMG_2899.jpeg
IMG_2896.jpeg
IMG_2893.jpeg
IMG_2887.jpeg
IMG_2889.jpeg
IMG_2891.jpeg

Last edited:

Johnny Utah

Rising Sun Member
That’s a really sweet bike! I like the blue!

BritKLR

Rising Sun Member
That’s a really sweet bike! I like the blue!
Thanks! Yeah, that was the rental bike. Team blue is a fun color but, I'm holding out for the tech black version. Fingers crossed.

Last edited: