Elephant Hill question

Granite

Brand New
Is there room to park a trailer at the trailhead? If not, where would you park if your are towing your rig to the trail from Moab?

Beach Boy

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
I agree, when I used to lead this trail, we had people park their trailers there. But I agree to call to see if they have changed their policies about parking there.

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
Thank you. I would not have thought about parking at the visitor center. I will give them a call.
@Granite, please post up what you find out. It's definitely a benefit to have someone in the group leave a trailer at the Visitor's Center.

Rzeppa

Rising Sun Member
20 some years ago members of our CM E Hill group used to park their trailers in the parking lot at the base of E Hill at the trailhead, among them was Rollin' Nolen (Grogan).

DaveInDenver

Rising Sun Ham Guru
I think the NPS would probably prefer you leave it at the visitor's center. Even if there's no rule the small lots at the trail head fill up quickly with hikers and bikers.

Screenshot 2023-04-05 084728.png

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
I think the NPS would probably prefer you leave it at the visitor's center. Even if there's no rule the small lots at the trail head fill up quickly with hikers and bikers.

100% agree. There is tons of parking at the Visitor's Center. There is very limited parking at the trail head. I started leading E-Hill at Cruise Moab 2003 and we've always left trailers at the Visitor's Center.

jps8460

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
Is there room to park a trailer at the trailhead? If not, where would you park if your are towing your rig to the trail from Moab?

There are RV and trailer spots at the visitors center. Every year I’ve lead it, someone has left a trailer and tow rig there. I’ll shoot an email off to our rep to double check for ya.

jps8460

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
Trailers and tow rigs are good to go. They can be left in the visitor center parking lot during our run.

Granite

Brand New
@Granite, please post up what you find out. It's definitely a benefit to have someone in the group leave a trailer at the Visitor's Center.
I did call the park service and ask about the visitor’s center. and they said it was fine if there was room on that given day. The trail leader also told me that is where he has trailers park.

NotyourmomsWife

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
Just a friendly reminder to anyone who is running a National Parks Trail you MUST have pre-purchased AND printed your day vehicle pass to get in. They will be making ZERO exceptions this year. :)

Granite

Brand New
Just a friendly reminder to anyone who is running a National Parks Trail you MUST have pre-purchased AND printed your day vehicle pass to get in. They will be making ZERO exceptions this year. :)
Do you have a link to the web site so I can purchase one? I thought we just paid when we arrived at the park like Hell's Revenge in the past.

NotyourmomsWife

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
I made a post this morning in the CM forum with the links, they are also in the email that Matt sent out this morning.

Heres the link to the post