e locker help needed

nuclearlemon

Hard Core 4+
after chinaman, we could not get my rear e locker to disengage. also couldn't get the actuator off due to soft metal

after grinding and pulling the set screw, i got the actuator off. is this the piece that's supposed to slide? if so, is it supposed to be difficult to move? how far does it need to move? does it go in or out to unlock?

thanks

Attachments

• DSC03424.JPG
    DSC03424.JPG
    84.4 KB · Views: 161

powderpig

Hard Core 4+
It goes away from the carrier to unlock the axle. So from the picture I would slide it from right to left. You may need to lift the tire off the floor to provide some tension relief. If it does not slide easy then rock the tire back and forth as you pry on the lock. good luck Robbie

nuclearlemon

Hard Core 4+
that's what i was afraid of. i had a tire in the air and was rocking it what little it would move (and it would barely move) and prying (not overly hard, but with a little force) with a screwdriver and it won't move.

is my next step to pull the right rear shaft and see what's up?

What make/model diff is that? I presume it is a Cruiser? The 4Runner diff is a completely different design.

nuclearlemon

Hard Core 4+
95 80 series rear.

RockRunner

Hard Core 4+
Ige, get both tires in the air and trun one while pushing/pulling on the slider. In my 4runner I have to push it in to lock it and pull it out to unlock. As mentioned if it is in the locked position it may be hard to pull out.

I'll see if I can find some internal pictures of the locker, they helped me a ton to understand how the locker worked.