Drive Like a Girl: Recovery Training 06/15

Yarn Cruiser

Rising Sun Member
DATE CHANGE. THIS IS NOW 06/15.

Meet up: Slaughterhouse Gulch TH https://maps.app.goo.gl/roc76U7DEZH2VMXi7

When 8 am meet up 8:30 air down/class time

Slaughterhouse has not pit toilets or cover. You may want to stop at loaf and jug on the way in to use the facilities. I will have my rain poncho, it is great for privacy!
@jps8460 (Jackson) has graciously agreed to give up his weekend for Drive Like a Girl! This will be done over two days. Day 1 recovery training and day 2 noobs day but you need to sign up for both if you want to take both!

This is ladies only
this could change but I have had several women ask for this training and they stated they would prefer women only. Minus instructors and helpers. (helpers have been approved by Jackson and ladies over the last brunch.)

Bring a chair, truck gear, lunch with snacks, a positive attitude and weather appropriate gear. Last year was a little chilly and rainy. A notebook is also great for questions and notes. Please ask questions!

I am still going over a few details with Jackson but wanted to get this posted. Any updates will be posted on first post and a comment stating an update has been made.
That said I am hoping for everyone to be able to use their trucks and gear (time allowing and under approval) I great encourage everyone to be ready to be hands through the day, this class is for you! However no one will be pressured or looked down on if you become overwhelmed, nervous or just don't feel up to a task. We be going several trail situations that you will likely encounter on trail and how fix and recover yourself.
Please bring a pair of work gloves for safety. High visibility recommended with no straps.

We will have 10 trucks total, Looking to keep class size at about 15/16. Please let me know if a passenger will be joining.
Due to the length of the class we do ask for minors to stay at home for this one. (we will have trail days where kiddos are welcome)

1. @jps8460
2. @Yarn Cruiser @DomOfTheDead
3. @that'swhatshesaid
4. @Canonyero
5. @Ann
6. Kris Ann
7. Adria
8. @MeatPopsicle
9. @MonPetiteShoe Sara
10. @mcgaskins
11. @stusic
12. Kaitlin S

Last edited:

Inukshuk

Rising Sun Member

mcgaskins

Rising Sun Member
@MonPetiteShoe and @mcgaskins have something they want to tell us?

Well Daniel, there is something I've been meaning to tell you 🤣

Last year I helped Jackson facilitate the class and told Brandi I'd love to help the awesome DLAG team again when they did the next one. Probably not as exciting of a story as you hoped!

that'swhatshesaid

Rising Sun Member
Well Daniel, there is something I've been meaning to tell you 🤣

Last year I helped Jackson facilitate the class and told Brandi I'd love to help the awesome DLAG team again when they did the next one. Probably not as exciting of a story as you hoped!
We appreciate you Matt!

MonPetiteShoe

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
A gentleman never asks, a lady never tells. (Or some platitude like that.)

MeatPopsicle

New-ish
Is there an idea of how long the training on day 1 will be? And do you need to do the training to attend day 2?

Yarn Cruiser

Rising Sun Member
My guess is all day. I am expecting to be done around 4/5. If you had to bail early I don't see a problem with that.
You can choose to do day 1 or day 2 or both.

Yarn Cruiser

Rising Sun Member
Important update!! We had to change the dates! Please let me know if you are unable to make it. I understand it's a tough weekend.
Recevory will be 06/15 and noobs with boobs is 06/16.

jps8460

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
Thanks Brandi!! Y’all rock

Yarn Cruiser

Rising Sun Member
No worries at all. I am just excited to get my butt kicked learning some cool stuff. 🙂

Yarn Cruiser

Rising Sun Member
Woot, this class is full! 🥰😍 we will start a waitlist and if you need to drop out let me know. (We hope you don't). So excited for this class and to meet some new ladies.