• ColoYota Expo: swap meet + show and shine. Saturday, May 11 from 10 am - 2 pm
    Get Details & Register Now!
    . Only $5 to attend (no additional charge to participate in the swap meet).

Hey Guest, we need volunteers to help run the event. Please sign up here.

Drive Like A Girl: Ladies Only Camping Trip August -26th

Yarn Cruiser

Rising Sun Member
I have been wanting to do this for a while now and taking the plunge!
I am going to keep this as a small group due to it being easier to navigate, finding spots and just general flexibility.

UPDATE!! camping trail will be champion mill. I will be leaving Friday morning to find a camping spot hopefully along halfmoon road which leads up to the trailhead for Champion mill. Anyone who wants to head out with me Friday morning, let me know. Unsure of departure time but most likely before or at 10. Once I have a spot I will post coordinates in the post for those arriving later.

We will hit the trail Saturday morning and aiming for lunch at the mill. The goal for lunch is a picnic! As fancy as you would like it to be. You do not have to bring anything to share but it would be cool if you do. If you plan to bring something to share post it below, please.

I would also like to know how many ladies plan to arrive Friday or Saturday morning. This will help dictate start time and trail meet up. If you can let me know by Wednesday, please.
If you want to make this a day trip or stay just one night, that's okay with me.

On the way home I may take 285 to avoid ruts in I70. Either through BV or Weston pass (easy dirt road)

1. @Yarn Cruiser
2. @that'swhatshesaid
3. Amber @KC Masterpiece
4. @Canonyero
5. @kendrak0929
6. Rachel

Last edited:

VoodooBlue_Vixen

Rising Sun Member
I am not going to be available that weekend. It's Overland Expo weekend, the LOT president will be flying in for the event & staying with me.

NotyourmomsWife

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
Unfortunately we will be out of town that weekend, y'all have fun!

MonPetiteShoe

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
We'll be out of town that week. I've got the skinny on a pretty sweet site if you want to use it.

Canonyero

Rock Stacker
I did the Leadville side of Haggerman this weekend up to the snow drift. Lots of fun and some good spots to “try and get stuck” with the new rig to see what she can do. Looking forward to doing the whole thing.

kendrak0929

Brand New
I'd be interested in going. Can't do any crazy trails currently with the rooftop tent, but I'll get dirty and pitch the tent overnight.

Yarn Cruiser

Rising Sun Member
@kendrak0929 would love to have you along! I am still scouting a couple trails but leaning towards hagermans. For this one looking for sometjing more laidback and pretty. Also, a picnic with yummy treats!

DaveInDenver

Rising Sun Ham Guru
FYI

Screen Shot 2023-07-17 at 6.40.09 AM.png

Yarn Cruiser

Rising Sun Member
@DaveInDenver thank for this!! Hmmm may have to shift plans a little bit then.

@KC Masterpiece I would be super grateful for this! Thank you. Who knows we might be able to join you.