Drive Like A Girl: Champion Mill 07/29

Yarn Cruiser

Rising Sun Member
This will be rescheduled for another week! Mostly just very tired and had a long week. It seems like this was that kind of a week for a couple others as well. Keep an eye on the camping post though.

Come join us to check out Champion Mill outside of Leadville. It should be a fairly easy day with pretty views and some Colorado mining history!

Significant others, family, friends and friendly dogs welcome.

For those who have significant others who don't drive or are on the fence about driving on trail, no worries! Chauffeurs are allowed

Meet up: 8:30 am
Trail time: 9:00 am
Lunch: at the mill
Meet up will be posted soon

Attachments

• champn_mine_e.jpg
    champn_mine_e.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:

SaintAgatha

Rising Sun Member
Gah! I will likely be out of town. 😢 Is there a cap?

NotyourmomsWife

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
Unfortunately this is the same day as Keela's and I's Redcone run and campout. Y'all have fun!

DaveInDenver

Rising Sun Ham Guru
If one wants to research mining around this spot this should take you roughly to Champion Mill, which is the purple hexagon if you zoom in at the end of county road 11. It's also the headwaters of Halfmoon Creek if you're trying to find it on a map.

Canonyero

Rock Stacker
I’ll be there in my new rig! I toasted the front suspension in the 4Runner and decided given it’s my daily driver it was time for something a little more affordable.

I also now understand what everyone meant when they said I was doing it “on hard mode” with the manual lol.

Attachments

• IMG_1544.jpeg
    IMG_1544.jpeg
    4.7 MB · Views: 48
  • IMG_1554.jpeg
    IMG_1554.jpeg
    4.4 MB · Views: 50

Yarn Cruiser

Rising Sun Member
@Canonyero so sorry to hear about the 4runner but I love your new rig!!
I can't wait to see it in action. 🌲