Diesel Cruiser or Defender...

acon40

Banned
Ok, a valid question as I have always loved the 110 series. Being both seem to be in the same price bracket from my quick search breaks...

Diesel 80 series or Diesel 110?

This would be down in OZ with the intentions of bringing it back to the us when we move back (if we even go). just trying to plan ahead.

wesintl

RS Moderator
screw em both 70 series diesel is the way to go. 110 is cool but you'd be better off in the long run with Toyota.

Rezarf

Hard Core 4+
78 series troopie, or the new turbo diesel... neither are what you are asking about, but hey you came to a Land Cruiser board for advice.

Resale= 110

Cool factor= diesel 80 series

subzali

Hard Core 4+
I don't think that even if you live down there you can bring it back unless it has some sort of sentimental value, like if you were in the military in the Middle East or something. Better check on it. Land Rover...meh. HDJ80 - yeah baby. Send us pics of your trips with the LCOOL

Bruce Miller

RS Chapter Eternal
Gone But
Not Forgotten
Pickup a copy of the Australian 4WD Monthly magazine, www.4wdmonthly.com.au. The Australians have a huge selection of diesel four wheel drive trucks and this magazine is always running comparison articles. They also will have articles on truck reviews, too. Stick to the Toyota brand, but the Nissan Patrol is a good 5th choice. I wouldn't buy anything British unless your hobby is putting vehicles back together after they rattle apart!

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
I don't think that even if you live down there you can bring it back unless it has some sort of sentimental value, like if you were in the military in the Middle East or something. Better check on it. Land Rover...meh. HDJ80 - yeah baby. Send us pics of your trips with the LCOOL

He might be just fine, since both the 110 and 80 series were sold in the U.S.

How about one of each? :thumb:

Beater

Hard Core 4+
no expert :

however, the defender you want to import (or any other vehicle) must be twenty five years old. That being said, at that point, you won't really be happy with the diesel that was in the 110 at that point. There is a reason that most of those were v8's. The 110 is my FAVORITE rover, and I have been around a lot. If you could somehow get a TDi motored one in the us, GO FOR IT!!! however, the older diesel motors were very equivalent to the non turbo's in the 70 series LC. Oh, and just for your edification, they are quite a bit bigger frontal area wise than a 70, and they weigh in at around 6200 lbs with an aluminum body..

That 25 year rule means your most likely stuck with a diesel 62, which I must say, would NOT be a bad deal..

or a 75 series troopy or pickup.. I always have drooled over a diesel 75 pickup... something about coil AND diesel AND a pickup bed....