• ColoYota Expo: swap meet + show and shine. Saturday, May 11 from 10 am - 2 pm
    Get Details & Register Now!
    . Only $5 to attend (no additional charge to participate in the swap meet).

Hey Guest, we need volunteers to help run the event. Please sign up here.

Deep Canyon Coffee, Colorado

Burt88

Trail Ready
Over the past couple of months I've been getting my roasting operation set up here in Colorado. While I've been getting the roaster and myself calibrated to the final product I've produced some new blends I'll be offering soon on my website. In the meantime, I have a small inventory of the new blends that I roasted between March 17- 27 and I want to offer you all what I have at wholesale pricing. I'll do 2 twelve ounce bags of any combo for $20 plus tax and shipping. Every additional bag is $10. Shipping has been around $6 and should only take two days to arrive.

They're not available on my website yet so message me directly and I'll get you processed. They're all roasted medium and very good but I have a little more to learn from my father and adjust to the environmental differences to match what he's been creating. I just don't want good coffee to go to waste and I've been extremely caffeinated lately while testing the blends.

I'll make an announcement when I have the website updated and officially offering these to the public. With enough support my goal is to donate a percentage of profits from all sales to support outdoor recreation and volunteer programs that help maintain our access.

image13.jpeg
Canyon Blend, our original. Medium Body with Mild Acidity. Sweet with Chocolate, Caramel and Citrus Fruit.
image7 (4).jpeg
Basecamp Blend, new. Medium Body with Medium acidity. Chocolate, hazelnut, light citrus and mild cherry
image8 (4).jpeg
Destination Blend, new. Medium Body with Mild Acidity. Floral and Earthy with Chocolate, Hazelnut, and Licorice
image10.jpeg
Expedition Blend, new. Medium body and bright acidity. Cocoa, caramel, pecan, and citrus notes
image11.jpeg
Adventure Blend, new. Full body and mild acidity. Dark chocolate, hazelnut, cherry.
image12.jpeg
Descent Espresso Blend, new. Full body with excellent crema. Dark chocolate, hazelnut, cherry, with a clean finish.
image0 (13).jpeg
image1 (11).jpeg
image0 (7).jpeg

shellb

Hard Core 4+
Oh hell yeah! I’ve been ordering bags monthly forever.

Would love to get some canyon blend! I’ll send you a PM.

Brett in Erie!

Burt88

Trail Ready
Oh hell yeah! I’ve been ordering bags monthly forever.

Would love to get some canyon blend! I’ll send you a PM.

Brett in Erie!
Yes, you've been one of my top customers. I'll take care of you, no worries! Message me and let me know what you want me to send.

Cruisertrash

Rising Sun Member
@Burt88 Any plans for a lighter roast? I like a true medium or light roast, but all the medium roasts at the grocery store are more like dark roast so I’m a little wary of mediums haha.

Burt88

Trail Ready
@Burt88 Any plans for a lighter roast? I like a true medium or light roast, but all the medium roasts at the grocery store are more like dark roast so I’m a little wary of mediums haha.
I'm experimenting a little bit with lighter roasts but not having much success. They're just not translating the flavor quite as well as our standard medium-dark roast. If you want to try one I have a Basecamp blend that I roasted to a middle range medium last weekend. Message me if you're interested in trying that one.

MonPetiteShoe

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
IMG_2875.jpeg

IMG_2876.jpeg

Last edited:

Burt88

Trail Ready
I appreciate all the support. I'll keep this 2 for 20 deal going for the next couple months so I can get more coffee through the roaster and work out any inconsistencies. I hope you all enjoy and please report back with any notes.

Cruisertrash

Rising Sun Member
Sitting here checking the RS forum while I wait for the extended warm up in my 60, sippin’ on some coffee. I opened the Basecamp Blend first and ran it through the French press this morning. Really good. A little caramely, light-ish but with a good body, pretty well balanced on acidity and bitterness. Love it.

801BFAEF-519D-4305-9D55-63D906F1A019.jpeg

Cruisertrash

Rising Sun Member
@Cruisertrash, are you from Ottawa?
I'm from Toledo, Ohio, but my entire mom's side of the family is from Ottawa. Some of them are scattered now but I still have quite a few relatives in Ottawa, Marseilles, and Peru. My aunt sent me that cup, it's from a coffee shop there called Jeremiah Joe. I haven't been that way in probably 8 or 9 years ... I should venture out that way for a visit.

DaveInDenver

Rising Sun Ham Guru
I'm from Toledo, Ohio, but my entire mom's side of the family is from Ottawa. Some of them are scattered now but I still have quite a few relatives in Ottawa, Marseilles, and Peru. My aunt sent me that cup, it's from a coffee shop there called Jeremiah Joe. I haven't been that way in probably 8 or 9 years ... I should venture out that way for a visit.
I've been through Ottawa, stopped a few times over the years on I-80 pulls.

Burt88

Trail Ready
Thanks to everybody that has purchased coffee. It's been a great help moving through some roasted beans and getting things figured out for my final product. I truly hope everything has been satisfactory. I know what I sent out to a few of you probably tasted a bit different than what you've gotten from me before.

Going over the finer details with my father and getting more batches through the roaster has allowed me to adjust myself, temps, and roast times to really get the product I'm targeting. While I go back and forth about whether to offer a range of roasts from light to dark I find that there's something extremely special about my father's roasting style that sets it apart from most other coffees. So for the time being I'm going to stick to our signature style of roast which presents itself as a dark medium by appearance but carries a smooth flavor without the burnt or bitterness that you might expect. I'll be using an expanding variety of blends to satisfy varying profiles of flavor.

In a few weeks I'll be a vendor at Coloyota Expo and I'll have coffee for sale as well as some to taste. I'll be launching the new blends on my website this week and offering some new pricing. For a little while longer I'll keep the 2 for 20 deals going for you all through direct contact.

Burt88

Trail Ready
IMG_5698.jpeg

unimogguy

Rock Stacker
I got 2 bags of the Descent Blend.

My $0.0002….

Excellent crema with a silky mouthfeel. Overall an espresso whose character resonates through the finish and impressively retains it‘s character. I made one double espresso and then one double espresso with 3 parts milk.

Burt88

Trail Ready
Thank you @unimogguy. I think the Descent is becoming a go-to favorite among my test subjects. Those that like a prominent presence in their coffee. This is the third positive review in two days on that one blend. My last batch, as pictured above, really came out the way I wanted it. Don't let the dark color fool you. It carries a nice medium quality without the burnt flavor you might expect.

shellb

Hard Core 4+
@Burt88 I might need to try the Descent next time...will be hard though, we've been drinking Canyon exclusively for awhile!

You're roast is spot on...honestly I can't tell any real difference other than I actually might like it a bit more?