• Jack-it Night: April 2024 RS Meeting Hey Guest: Wed. April 3rd is the next Rising Sun meeting, and you won't want to miss it. We're doing our annual offroad recovery equipment demonstration and trail skills training aka "Jack It Night." Meeting starts at 6:30 p.m. (early) Click here for all the details.

Dec. 1, 2021 RS Meeting + Holiday Party - new location!

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
Date: Wed. December 1, 2021
Time: 7:30 - 10:00 pm
Location: Golden Gate Canyon Grange, 25201 Golden Gate Canyon Rd, Golden, CO 80403. (About 4 miles up the canyon from Slee Off-Road).
Who: You! All are invited. You don't need to be a club member to come and join the fun.

We're celebrating our last meeting of 2021 with a meeting and holiday party in a new location (thanks, @ChevyKeith).

What to bring:
  • Food to share - we're doing a potluck! Please post up what you intend to bring. There is access to a full kitchen (you'll need to clean it if you use it).
  • Drinks for yourself. Alcohol is allowed on the premises. No kegs.
  • A wrapped gift (up to a $30 value or something cool from your parts stash) so you can participate in the gift exchange.
  • NEW: please bring a mask to wear inside (new local regulations as of last week)
What not to bring
  • Dogs (sorry, not allowed in the Grange meeting room)
  • Yourself, if you are sneezing or coughing. Don’t come if you are sick or have been exposed to someone who is sick.
Meeting Agenda
  • We'll hold club officer elections. Club members can see the nominations here.
  • Cruise Moab
  • Etc.
  • Still will have plenty of time for the party!

Last edited:

Notyourmomslx450

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
I will be there. Lisa might be there.....
Thinking of smoking (meat) something.

DomOfTheDead

Event Coordinator
Cruise Moab Committee
I will make a dessert, cookies or brownies

ChevyKeith

Rising Sun Member
How does the gift exchange work - are they swapped around so you can bring something specific to for example a land cruiser and not have a pickup persons tuck with it, or should it be generic?

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
How does the gift exchange work - are they swapped around so you can bring something specific to for example a land cruiser and not have a pickup persons tuck with it, or should it be generic?

It depends on how many people we get who show up with a wrapped gift. If we get enough participants, we can do the Dirty Santa game:

Everyone draws a number from 1 through however many are participating. The person with #1 starts the game.
  • #1 selects a gift from the pile, unwraps it, and shows it to everyone.
  • #2 can choose to steal #1's gift (aka "Dirty Santa") or pick from the pile. This continues with each person having the chance to steal or choose a wrapped gift. The stealing and scheming now begins to erupt along with lots of laughter.
  • A gift can be stolen more than once, but only once per turn. In other words, if your gift is stolen, you can't steal it right back. You have to steal another gift or choose from the pile.
  • Eventually, someone who just got their gift stolen will open a new wrapped gift. Then the turn goes to the next person.
  • When there are no more wrapped gifts, typically the person who drew #1 is allowed one more turn. In this case, the person does a gift swap rather than steal. If they choose not to swap and keep the gift they have, the game is over. If they decide to swap, then the game continues until someone wants to keep the gift that they just received in a swap.
If you bring an FJ40 part, it's likely the person who wants it will steal it from another player. You can also swap gifts with another player after the game ends. So it it doesn't have to be generic. We've had everything from an old carburetor to scented candles to a stack of scratch lottery tickets in the swap.

FireMike

Rising Sun Member
I'm planning to join in, with desert most likely, not sure about the gift exchange yet.

Old Man Greybeard

Rock Stacker
Michelle and I are leaning heavily to attend, for at least the biddness part of the night...work night and 50min drive to and fro will keep it a short night for us

Notyourmomslx450

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
I’m going to be lame and bring 2 chick fil a party trays.

AimCOTaco

Cruise Moab Committee
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
I am really looking forward to seeing everyone this week! Business will be brief, focus is on fun!

We've had an update to Jefferson County Mask Guidelines (as of 11/23) but we're not going to let that spoil our fun, we're rolling with it.

The order is for all folk 3years and older to be masked in public indoor spaces, as the grange is a public indoor space we'll ask that you wear a mask in the building.

Expect that we'll run the food inside and generally congregate outside, this is still a new venue so it's a little TBD at this point. We are going to put up some propane fire pits outside so we can congregate in the spacious outdoors. Given the unseasonably warm weather forecast for Wednesday and Thursday this should be real nice!

Last edited:

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
Looking forward to it! :camping:

Rzeppa

Rising Sun Member
  • NEW: please bring a mask to wear inside (new local regulations as of last week)

Spoke with the :Princess: just now. We're both fully vaccinated and boosted; the unelected bureaucrat Jeffco heath department head said in an interview that was broadcast on the radio that "67% of people want to be protected" in defending their decision on the new mask mandate.. She didn't offer what "protected" meant or who was surveyed. Does "protected" mean you got a security detail from thugs in Aurora who shoot people up over drugs? :rant:

Linda and I will pass this year. Hopefully sanity will return to our society soon.

allen.wrench

Rising Sun Member
My vote is cast! I'm excited for the lineup! :D

Still working out the new job, new house (first ever in my family to own in the US), and everything after moving to Utah. Can't wait to come back to CO to visit and all. Hope everyone is doing well!

I will unfortunately miss the December meeting. Sounds like it's going to be awesome!

Allen

damon

Vice Commander
Cruise Moab Committee
I just bought 16lbs of pork butt to smoke for pulled pork, and 48 buns. Hope that is enough for everyone.