• RS MAY CLUB MEETING
    Hi Guest: Our monthly RS meeting on Wed. May 1st will be held at the Rooney Sports Complex. Details and directions are here. Early start time: 7:00 pm. to take advantage of daylight. We'll be talking ColoYota Expo and Cruise Moab.
    If you are eligible for club membership, please fill out an application in advance of the meeting and bring it with you.

Dean's 40 Comes to Live in the Mountains!

MonPetiteShoe

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
Cool 40, even better story. Nothin' like an original, patina'd truck that runs great. Couldn't think of a better home for it to go to.

DaveInDenver

Rising Sun Ham Guru
Cool 40, even better story. Nothin' like an original, patina'd truck that runs great. Couldn't think of a better home for it to go to.
The patina on it is really cool. If the rear tub sill was solid it could just get a clear coat and look like Profitt did it. I'd even leave the fender dent, it's just such a perfect beauty mark. I love the hood with all the trim Dean got to put it back to year appropriate.

DanS

Rising Sun Member
Way to go Dan, nice way to remember Dean.
Wish I could take credit for the license plate, but that’s all @SaintAgatha .

My idea was to be terribly irresponsible to bring the truck home and keep doing what Dean would have done.

Dan

SaintAgatha

Rising Sun Member
Ladies' run today, maybe a first for this truck? My friend has no clue how to drive a manual so it was all me. I got us to the coffee shop and back without any major problems. I love this little truck. 😊

Attachments

• IMG_20240330_141436.jpg
    IMG_20240330_141436.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 33

MDH33

Hard Core 4+
Ladies' run today, maybe a first for this truck? My friend has no clue how to drive a manual so it was all me. I got us to the coffee shop and back without any major problems. I love this little truck. 😊
That's so cool! 😎👍

I've been teaching my daughter to drive my fj60, but you inspired me to pull out the "older" iron for her to try today. The 69 fj40 is down with a bad throwout bearing, but the Stout is running nice. 4-on-the-tree, no synchro 1st, manual everything. She did great.

i-jFTwPTN-S.jpg
i-M7Q5bZK-S.jpg

SaintAgatha

Rising Sun Member
That's so cool! 😎👍

I've been teaching my daughter to drive my fj60, but you inspired me to pull out the "older" iron for her to try today. The 69 fj40 is down with a bad throwout bearing, but the Stout is running nice. 4-on-the-tree, no synchro 1st, manual everything. She did great.

i-jFTwPTN-S.jpg
i-M7Q5bZK-S.jpg
Nice! I love it. 😍😍😍💪💪💪

I recognize that face in the first photo. I make that same face at least once a minute. 🤣