Dealership service prices?

The dealership I used to go to for service on my Taco in AZ charged about $60 for a regular 5k mile service, about $150 for the 15k mile service (which includes alignment), and about $250 for the 30k mile service. The items they include match the recommended service outlined in the owners manual. The truck is under warranty until 100k, so I go to the dealership. Otherwise, I would do the work myself.

The truck is due for it's 75k service visit so I dropped it off at Burt Toyota in Englewood this morning. Their price for the every 15k mile service? $300:eek:

WTF? Oh yeah, as part of that service, they "install" fuel and oil system treatments.:lmao:

I called Stevenson when I got home and their prices are closer to what I was expecting. I guess I learned my lesson. Do you guys who go to a stealership for service have one that you prefer for price and quality?

I know that they put BG44K in the system and that stuff is $ for a bottle. Not $150 though! Maybe they have to pay the tech for 45minutes to hold the can!

Jacket

RS Moderator
Staff member
I've done all my own work since I bought my truck, so I can't comment on the services. But as it relates to pricing and value for buying a truck, I had the best luck with John Elway (Go) Toyota and Stevinson West. I drop into Boulder Toyota for parts since it's close by and reasonable.