• RS MAY CLUB MEETING
    Hi Guest: Our monthly RS meeting on Wed. May 1st will be held at the Rooney Sports Complex. Details and directions are here. Early start time: 7:00 pm. to take advantage of daylight. We'll be talking ColoYota Expo and Cruise Moab.
    If you are eligible for club membership, please fill out an application in advance of the meeting and bring it with you.

Current Roller Auction lot

VoodooBlue_Vixen

Rising Sun Member
This lot on roller auction caught my eye. If anyone needs industrial strength bow shackles.
Screenshot_20240312_082647_Chrome.jpg

DaveInDenver

Rising Sun Ham Guru
I'm not sure about Paladin, there's a few companies by that name. One of which deals in industrial implements.

But as far as rigging manufacturers they'd be an unknown. However, I'd bet these are actually Crosby G209 that Paladin was reselling. G209 are galvanized, standard issue top shelf shackles. So a 3/4" pin would be 4.75 tons.

It looks like some big ones in there, too. A Crosby 4.75t goes for probably $30 normally so this could be a serious reselling opportunity. But you might also get unneeded stuff from a construction crane outfit so end up stuck with a crap ton of 12t and 25t shackles that you'll never get rid of.

Well, unless you get hooked up with a bro-dozer forum and they all want a 17 lbs 13.5t shackle hanging on their rear tow point.

VoodooBlue_Vixen

Rising Sun Member
I'm not sure about Paladin, there's a few companies by that name. One of which deals in industrial equipment.

But as far as rigging manufacturers they'd be an unknown. However, I'd bet these are actually Crosby G209, which are galvanized, standard issue shackles. So a 3/4" pin would be 4.75 tons.

It looks like some big ones in there, too. A Crosby 4.75t goes for probably $30 normally so this could be a serious reselling opportunity. But you might also get unneeded stuff from a construction crane outfit so end up stuck with a crap ton of 12t and 25t shackles that you'll never get rid of.

Well, unless you get hooked up with a bro-dozer forum and they all want a 17 lbs 13.5t shackle hanging on their rear tow point.
Maybe a crap ton of really fun trophies!

Inukshuk

Rising Sun Member
Where is all of this and how does one bid?
EDIT: Figured it out.

Last edited:

Inukshuk

Rising Sun Member
If we can figure out what they are, where and who made and how labeled, I'd maybe go in on these items.
Are you all bidding? No reason to bid against each other.

VoodooBlue_Vixen

Rising Sun Member
If we can figure out what they are, where and who made and how labeled, I'd maybe go in on these items.
Are you all bidding? No reason to bid against each other.
I have not placed a bid, but I'd go in with you on it.

Inukshuk

Rising Sun Member
I cannot develop any confidence in this brand. Seems to be "Paladin Industrial" http://www.usapaladinindustrial.com/Contact.aspx?ClassID=5
I read a website off one image label and got a security warning and then found a website for sale. Off another label I got www.usapaladinindustrial.com I sent a "contact us" and received a message: "您的请求带有不合法的参数,谢谢合作!" Translated from Chinese to: "Your request contains illegal parameters, thank you for your cooperation!" (all attempts got the same message). TRANSLATED FROM THE ORIGINAL CHINESE! Say no more, but:
Calling shackles 209 may also be to confuse people.
Only place I can find their products are Roller and other auction sites
Webbing eyes are flat which is not great for our shackles. Folded eyes are better.
Sling label has typos and slings don't appear to have warning threads (warning of overloading)
1710274260674.png

On the plus side, there are a couple fire trucks for sale!

1710274817020.png

subzali

Hard Core 4+
I cannot develop any confidence in this brand. Seems to be "Paladin Industrial" http://www.usapaladinindustrial.com/Contact.aspx?ClassID=5
I read a website off one image label and got a security warning and then found a website for sale. Off another label I got www.usapaladinindustrial.com I sent a "contact us" and received a message: "您的请求带有不合法的参数,谢谢合作!" Translated from Chinese to: "Your request contains illegal parameters, thank you for your cooperation!" (all attempts got the same message). TRANSLATED FROM THE ORIGINAL CHINESE! Say no more, but:
Calling shackles 209 may also be to confuse people.
Only place I can find their products are Roller and other auction sites
Webbing eyes are flat which is not great for our shackles. Folded eyes are better.
Sling label has typos and slings don't appear to have warning threads (warning of overloading)
View attachment 127761

On the plus side, there are a couple fire trucks for sale!

View attachment 127762
I would be surprised if it had a "6:1 SAFRTY FACTOR" or a "15" SAFETY FACTOR". Both seem suspect to me. lol.

DanS

Rising Sun Member
Yeah, not much confidence in those messages... 🥴
I was looking at the bobcat skid steers.

View attachment 127764
They've currently got a lot of skid steers and CTLs up this week, for pretty low prices. I'd expect them to come up in price significantly, ESPECIALLY the high flow machines. That Yanmar is pretty nice.

Dan