• RS MAY CLUB MEETING
    Hi Guest: Our monthly RS meeting on Wed. May 1st will be held at the Rooney Sports Complex. Details and directions are here. Early start time: 7:00 pm. to take advantage of daylight. We'll be talking ColoYota Expo and Cruise Moab.
    If you are eligible for club membership, please fill out an application in advance of the meeting and bring it with you.

Cruise Moab 2024 Volunteer Sign Up

RayRay27

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
Hey Rising Sun crew! If you would like to help out during the 2024 event hit us up here on the forum. The 2024 event will take place April 15th through the 21st.

We will need help in the following areas,
  • Tech Inspection
    • Involves going through a checklist with each registered vehicle to make sure it is trail ready.
  • Trail Leaders & Tail Gunners
    • Having knowledge of a specific trail and being able to lead a group of vehicles safely and professionally.
  • Registration
    • Interacting with registrants during check-in to hand out registration packets.
  • Vendor Registration
    • Communicate with vendors and help them to register for the event. Secure vendor donations for raffle, help set up vendor night expo.
  • Recovery Team & Garmin INREACH Satellite Tracking
    • The recovery team is a stand-by hot shot crew with knowledge of recovering a vehicle from a trail if needed and returned back to camp. Along with this you would be monitoring our Garmin INREACH satellite communicator tracking maps for each trail run.
We have additional positions that need support so if you don't see something here specifically, just let us know what you might be interested in helping out with and someone will get back with you. Also you don't need to be highly proficient in any one area, just motivated and ready to have a great time.

To sign up, go to the following signupgenius link.

Thanks!
:risingsun

Last edited:

NotyourmomsWife

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
Thanks everyone! just a disclaimer here... I will be responding to those emails once I get the schedule a little more organized for CM24, requests are on a first come first service basis.

allen.wrench

Rising Sun Member
Email sent to TrailBoss@CruiseMoab.com. I'm happy to volunteer to lead/gun again.

If we can, I'd like to learn a new trail(s) in October and/or March to volunteer for more CM trails. I'll update the TrailBoss email thread accordingly.

Also happy to help with other tasks. Just don't double book me 😆 my cloning machine isn't working yet.

Adding dates to my calendar now.

Thanks everyone for the work on CM24!! I'm stoked.

Allen

HuKiT

Rising Sun Member
I’ve emailed TrailBoss@CruiseMoab.com to sign up for trail lead or gunner or both. I won’t be around for the local runs for a while but I want to help out where I can at CM24.

Also willing to assist with other undesirable tasks folks don’t like to do. I may have a kid or two with me this year so I’ll have extra hands. Lastly sign me up for all those additional positions just let me know, happy to help.

RayRay27

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
Wanted to bump this thread. See first post for more info.

NotyourmomsWife

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
Happy to do Tech Inspection Wednesday 8-12

Also emailed Lisa about leading a trail
Got your email thanks Ken! I'll be in touch to confirm

cruiserjames

Brand New
Ginny and I want to do tech inspection again on Wednesday we will lead the same trails as last year. This year in a special Toyota! Already emailed trail boss.
Also need to contact someone about offering coffee and a simple breakfast on Wednesday.

NotyourmomsWife

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
Ginny and I want to do tech inspection again on Wednesday we will lead the same trails as last year. This year in a special Toyota! Already emailed trail boss.
Also need to contact someone about offering coffee and a simple breakfast on Wednesday.
Got your email! I'll be responding to those in the upcoming few weeks so keep an eye out in a bit.

We can look into breakfast, I did purchase a coffee maker for Cruise Moab last year that I will bring this year along with coffee and disposable travel cups for everyone. If breakfast is a possibility we would need someone to volunteer to go pick it up, let me know if you might be interested in that. (If it is approved of course)

NotyourmomsWife

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
Happy to do Tech Inspection Wednesday 8-12

Also emailed Lisa about leading a trail
got the email! Like previously posted haven't started responding to those just yet, but will be soon. Thanks again for all your help!

MonPetiteShoe

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
Got your email! I'll be responding to those in the upcoming few weeks so keep an eye out in a bit.

We can look into breakfast, I did purchase a coffee maker for Cruise Moab last year that I will bring this year along with coffee and disposable travel cups for everyone. If breakfast is a possibility we would need someone to volunteer to go pick it up, let me know if you might be interested in that. (If it is approved of course)
I'm sure we can find someone to get it sorted this year. It sounds like a good idea. We can hash out some of the details at the CM meeting.

MonPetiteShoe

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
BUMP!
We've got a sign up sheet for Volunteers for CM 2024. (Also see Ray's original post)
Sign-up! Cruise Moab needs you!

We need volunteers for Tech inspection, recovery team, Raffle night dinner, and pretty much everything else.

Last edited:

timmbuck2

RS Club TLCA Delegate
Cruise Moab Committee
We really need Recovery Team volunteers especially for someone reach day to man the phones, texts, emails, faxes, sat phones, Garmans, smoke signals, etc etc to make sure anyone who breaks down gets assistance asap and most importantly, can contact someone when they need help and be reassured that help is on the way. We need someone each day for this. I will take one day of needed but who else is willing to step up for this very important but very unglamorous job?? :)