Cruise Moab 2023 Trails

Shark Bait

Rising Sun Member
I offered to lead Gold Bar Rim Friday and was told it wasn't being offered that day. She asked me if I would lead Golden Spike. I did GBR last year. Think my GX could do it? It's my favorite trail. Hmmm.

NotyourmomsWife

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
1677307875692.gif

Inukshuk

Rising Sun Member
Hi Chris @Shark Bait
@Hants and I pre-ran it last year (his 200 and my 80). My 2nd time, his umpteenth.
It was fun. always a long day. Some winching (I won't say who). Neither of us did the hardest lines.
Last time I led Gold Bar Rim a GX broke its rear R&P.
Hard day for sure but yes, great trail and you are a pro!

Not that I have any hope of attending this year but it would be cool if there was a pre-main event day for first timers, those with rusty skills, etc. to go out on short trails like @Tkoffroad suggested to get skills tuned up and whatnot.

Right now it's looking like I'll be somewhere traveling for work during Cruise Moab. Someday (maybe in 25 years when I retire?) I'll finally be able to go.
I’m planning on being at the arena Sunday afternoon. I tend to just put together a lineup and hit the trails. Everyone throws a few trail names out and we go with a majority. I usually hit fins and things first as a shake down run.

Inukshuk

Rising Sun Member
I’m planning on being at the arena Sunday afternoon. I tend to just put together a lineup and hit the trails. Everyone throws a few trail names out and we go with a majority. I usually hit fins and things first as a shake down run.
April club meeting is Jack It night skills training. We sometimes have had a “trail skills/trail talk” station. We could have a “shake the rust off” presentation. We could also do a local run before CM and pretend it’s CM, doing all the guiding like we do at CM. Maybe come on the CM pre-run? You don’t have to be leading. It open to all.

April club meeting is Jack It night skills training. We sometimes have had a “trail skills/trail talk” station. We could have a “shake the rust off” presentation. We could also do a local run before CM and pretend it’s CM, doing all the guiding like we do at CM. Maybe come on the CM pre-run? You don’t have to be leading. It open to all.
What night is the JackIt training? I’ve got plans the weekend of the prerun. As long as that prerun is still scheduled for St Patrick’s day weekend.

Hants

Rising Sun Member
Hi Chris @Shark Bait
@Hants and I pre-ran it last year (his 200 and my 80). My 2nd time, his umpteenth.
It was fun. always a long day. Some winching (I won't say who). Neither of us did the hardest lines.
Last time I led Gold Bar Rim a GX broke its rear R&P.
Hard day for sure but yes, great trail and you are a pro!

Yup - my 200 is too fat to run Spike comfortably. We got'r through, but it was a looooong day!