Cruise Moab 2015 Leaders and Gunners

JadeRunner

Rising Sun Member
Just got off the phone with brian Wilson, he has to bail early and can't lead Poison Spider on Saturday, so now we have a new need. I double checked the roster just now and don't see any leaders or gunners on it right now.

It's looks like Adam Churnside is on P.Spider Sat. I just called him. He is with the TorFab crew and trailers out a Pig on 37's. He is experienced as is very comfortable leading. But, hasn't run that trail yet. He will plan on coming out a day early to pre-run it so he can lead it for us.

Rzeppa

Rising Sun Member
Okay, Ken Romer has offered to lead Poison Spider on Saturday, in addition to gunning for Daniel on Metal Masher on Thursday. Thanks you Ken!

Rzeppa

Rising Sun Member
It's looks like Adam Churnside is on P.Spider Sat. I just called him. He is with the TorFab crew and trailers out a Pig on 37's. He is experienced as is very comfortable leading. But, hasn't run that trail yet. He will plan on coming out a day early to pre-run it so he can lead it for us.

Now that we have Ken leading that trail, we might get Adam to gun for him.

Romer

RS Moderator
Staff member
I thought you were putting me on Jax Trax on Friday?

Rzeppa

Rising Sun Member
Hey Jeff. I figured the Redline guys were handling BTR on Thursday, but if you need a gunner, I'll do it.

Mark

Jay still hasn't registered - guessing they are just busy and not getting around to it, but can you lead in case Jay never registers? At this point we're only a couple weeks out.

ScaldedDog

Hard Core 4+
I talked to Justin today and, as you suspected, they've just been busy. He was going to try to get Jay signed up today, so Jay is still planning to lead.

Mark

Rzeppa

Rising Sun Member
I talked to Justin today and, as you suspected, they've just been busy. He was going to try to get Jay signed up today, so Jay is still planning to lead.

Mark

Thanks Mark, saved me a phone call...I think. He's still not registered as of this evening.

Romer

RS Moderator
Staff member
That's exactly right Ken, Metal Masher (gunner) Thu, Jax Trax (participant) Fri and leading Poison Spider Sat. Thanks so much for your leading and gunning Ken!

Excellent, thanks Jeff :thumb:

Looking forward to this, been working 60 hour weeks lately

TBuzz5

Hey guys I just registered and selected some trails but have a question about it.

1)In the beginning of this thread it has Golden Spike on Thursday. If I didn't see it as a selection does that mean it is filled?

2)Same question on Friday regarding Moab Rim. It is listed here but wasn't an option to chose?

3)If a trail listed say "full, 7 waiting spots". What does that mean?

Thanks, Chris

baja1d

Hard Core 4+
Your best bet is to email Jeff Zepp through the registration website (registration@cruisemoab.com)
since he is the guru but I'll take a stab at part of this:

Questions 3: Since this is an organized event we have to pull permits with various agencies to be legit. Those permits limit how many participants we can have on each run. If the trail is list as "full w/ 7 on a waiting list" it basically means that 7 people are hoping that 7 people with a spot change their minds and pick a different trail that day. This does happen from time to time.

Questions 1&2: I can't really answer with certainty but sometimes there isn't enough people that have signed up to offer the trail as an option. I doubt Moab Rim is full with a wait list but stranger thing have happened.

Your best bet is to either email Jeff or pick what's available and then check in with Jeff at the event after you've gone through "tech inspection"---also part of the permit process.

Rzeppa

Rising Sun Member
Hey guys I just registered and selected some trails but have a question about it.

1)In the beginning of this thread it has Golden Spike on Thursday. If I didn't see it as a selection does that mean it is filled?

2)Same question on Friday regarding Moab Rim. It is listed here but wasn't an option to chose?

3)If a trail listed say "full, 7 waiting spots". What does that mean?

Thanks, Chris

Hi Chris, I see your registration came through this evening. BLM limits us to 20 rigs per trail per day, NPS limits us to 10 in National Parks. Spike only has 8 rigs on it on Thursday, no idea why the code would say it's full. Ping me at registration@cruisemoab.com so I can keep trail changes in one place for my sanity. Moab Rim Friday has 14 rigs, there's room there. I can move you to Spike on Thu and Moab Rim on Fri if you wish, just ping me as above.

The web software is programmed to notice that 20 rigs signed up as first choice for a particular trail on a particular day but will still take more first choices but you get on a wait list. I move people around and try to make sure everyone gets what they want, but sometimes it is on a different day. I take 2nd and 3rd choices into account. We've tried for years to automate it, but a lot of times it comes down to emails and phone calls with the registrants and a lot of manual intervention to try to make everyone's Cruise Moab experience the best it can possibly be.

Rzeppa

Rising Sun Member
So who has the missing Satellite Phone?

Kipper. I left him a voice message Saturday evening when I saw he had not returned his packet, and then another one yesterday morning before I left camp. Scott said that Kipper works nearby and said he'd try to get together with him and get the stuff.

What's our deadline for shipping those phones back?