• RS MAY CLUB MEETING
    Hi Guest: Our monthly RS meeting on Wed. May 1st will be held at the Rooney Sports Complex. Details and directions are here. Early start time: 7:00 pm. to take advantage of daylight. We'll be talking ColoYota Expo and Cruise Moab.
    If you are eligible for club membership, please fill out an application in advance of the meeting and bring it with you.

Coney Flats and Middle St Vrain 7/11; maybe something for the 12th too.

On the RX

Rising Sun Member
July 11th, I plan to hit up the middle st vrain and coney flats loop. Trails off road estimates 4.5 hrs for the combined trails. Plus lunch and pavement time. Would like to get up T-33 and check out the wreckage if time allows or possibly run st vrain/ coney on Saturday and T-33 and another trail on Sunday. My dad will be in town so it depends if he can spare two days or just do one. This will be a shake down for the new rear air locker and a chance to splash in some water.

8:30 meet time at the trail head (Camp Dick)
Limit 5 trucks
Hamm if possible (I haven't gotten a chance to install the cb yet)
Trail rating (seems to have gotten gnarlier since i was there two years ago)
- https://www.trailsoffroad.com/trails/266-coney-flats-coney-creek
- https://www.trailsoffroad.com/trails/376-middle-st-vrain
It was suggested that a lift and 33s would be a minimum.

1. My DNA donor and myself
2. Ryland aka Bassguyry
3. Jimmy aka J1000
4. Ray aka RayRay27
5. Chris and Parker

Last edited:

Notyourmomslx450

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
It’s a great trail. Most people start it from the trail head at Camp Dick.
That’s going to be my shake down run once the 80 is running driving.

bassguyry

Commander + Cruise Moab Chairman
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
Count me in.

ccslider

Hard Core 4+
I just did this trail last weekend. I'd start at camp dick and go that way. You will have a lot more of the up hill right away.

Be prepared for about 50 side by sides going every which way.

I was unlucky and had to deal with two jeep clubs running the trail at the same time. Every 5 minutes it was another Jeep with it's hood open.

The trail has gotten a lot of use and wear. That being said 33s and you will fine if you pick you're lines

On the RX

Rising Sun Member
I just did this trail last weekend. I'd start at camp dick and go that way. You will have a lot more of the up hill right away.

Be prepared for about 50 side by sides going every which way.

I was unlucky and had to deal with two jeep clubs running the trail at the same time. Every 5 minutes it was another Jeep with it's hood open.

The trail has gotten a lot of use and wear. That being said 33s and you will fine if you pick you're lines
How long did it take with all that traffic? Is 4.5 hrs a low estimate not counting stopping for lunch?

Notyourmomslx450

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
That seems about right. Maybe 4 w/ lunch. I usually get to the water crossing, than do lunch and drive out.

IoN6

Rising Sun Member
If anyone bails I am in. Haven't run Coney Flats since 2006 :eek:

MVC-008F.JPG

J1000

Rising Sun Member
Does everyone have ham? I have a handheld I can loan out. Otherwise I have CB or I'm sure @Inukshuk wouldn't mind if we used his GMRS radios.

On the RX

Rising Sun Member
Does everyone have ham? I have a handheld I can loan out. Otherwise I have CB or I'm sure @Inukshuk wouldn't mind if we used his GMRS radios.
I have 1 handheld. I know Chris has a handheld. You have two. So that only leaves one person without if Ray or Ry are lacking.

RayRay27

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
I have ham, CB and some hand held midland frs radios as well.

Last edited:

FJCDan

Rising Sun Member
Make sure you guys air down at Camp Dick or before you hit the trail head, I read over on Front Range 4x4 that the gate keeper has gotten harder to get through. One had to be winched off a rock and some rock stacking just to get on the trail. We made that mistake years ago when I led a group there and trying to find a spot to air down and not slow down traffic wasn't easy. Have fun and enjoy the relentless amount of rocks.

Inukshuk

Rising Sun Member

Use em up and report back! I'll get them from you next week before Thursday for G&C#2

On the RX

Rising Sun Member
So, we have 5 trucks going. Meet at camp dick at 8:30 to air down then have a quick meeting to hash out who has what for recovery gear, equipment and skills. We will also cover common trail practice if people feel they need it. Hopefully be grabbing gears around 9ish. We will start at Middle St. Vrain,
stop for lunch and hand out some attaboys then run Coney Flats. Bonus points if you eat a coney dog for lunch!
I plan to have a nearly full tank of petro, rain gear, radio, snacks and lunch, plenty of water, sunblock and some skeeter spray. Recovery gear consisting of winch remote, straps, shackles and a set of jumper cables. I will also have air and deflater as well as my tool box and socket set making a ruckus in the back.
I have the tracks already plotted out on GAIA. If you want to do the same the gpx files can be downloaded off of trails offroad. I believe both trails are on the free section.
Did i miss anything of importance?
Any words of wisdom to help guide our lives by?

RayRay27

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
If we're using HAM which frequency are we using?

bassguyry

Commander + Cruise Moab Chairman
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
No HAM for me, but I have CB and four handheld midland FRS radios.

Tons of recovery gear, wrenches, onboard air as well. See you guys tomorrow!