• RS MAY CLUB MEETING
    Hi Guest: Our monthly RS meeting on Wed. May 1st will be held at the Rooney Sports Complex. Details and directions are here. Early start time: 7:00 pm. to take advantage of daylight. We'll be talking ColoYota Expo and Cruise Moab.
    If you are eligible for club membership, please fill out an application in advance of the meeting and bring it with you.

Concealed Carry classes?

bh4rnnr

Outlaw, Scoundrel, Miscreant
Mods, feel free to move if this is in the wrong section.

I'm interested in getting my Concealed Carry this winter. Any one in the club offer this class? On line courses or Zoom?

Recommendations?

Thanks!

:beer: :beer:

nuclearlemon

Hard Core 4+
snowrun used to. don't know if he still does

Curunir

Rock Stacker
I recently became a member with BluCore in Lakewood. They offer some great training with real-world experience behind it but I'm not 100% if they cover CC.

I'll watch this thread with interest myself!

CardinalFJ60

Rising Sun Member
I belong to Triggertime Gun Club in Longmont. they conduct these courses along with pistol basics. Great people there. $200

KC Masterpiece

Hard Core 4+
I did mine through equip2conceal. It was cheap but not the best instructor who showed up after an all night security shift and accidentally gave the Montana class instead of CO.

PhillyB77

I recently became a member with BluCore in Lakewood. They offer some great training with real-world experience behind it but I'm not 100% if they cover CC.

I'll watch this thread with interest myself!
Blucore is good, solid folks there. Recommend them for training.

I run a few classes a year and certify on Concealed Carry. One important point, that's like buying the 4 Runner and being equipped with all the traction control, A Trac, Crawl Control...but unless you get out there and actually train with it it might as well be useless. I have a saying I use that a great friend told me many years ago: Many are equipped, Few are capable. Get out there and train.

Speaking of which, decided to shoot (no pun) a quick video today about that. Many times folks just plink away at bullseye targets on a flat range, reload, over and over again and well...just watch. Cheers and shoot safe!

3rdGen4R

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
Everybody gets guns does it free. Pam me for details.

BritKLR

Rising Sun Member
Blucore is good, solid folks there. Recommend them for training.

I run a few classes a year and certify on Concealed Carry. One important point, that's like buying the 4 Runner and being equipped with all the traction control, A Trac, Crawl Control...but unless you get out there and actually train with it it might as well be useless. I have a saying I use that a great friend told me many years ago: Many are equipped, Few are capable. Get out there and train.

Speaking of which, decided to shoot (no pun) a quick video today about that. Many times folks just plink away at bullseye targets on a flat range, reload, over and over again and well...just watch. Cheers and shoot safe!

Well done video.

KC Masterpiece

Hard Core 4+
I would love to get out with some other shooters in the club for some practice and training. We have an excellent local range but the lack of safery I have seen when people train there is sometimes frightening.

RedRunner

Lifted
I would love to get out with some other shooters in the club for some practice and training. Maybe a cruising and shooting day?
I like this idea!

Inukshuk

Rising Sun Member
I did my class with
snowrun used to. don't know if he still does
I just messaged him. I did mine with him and taught the legal part. Maybe he'd do one for the club.

Shuksan

Rising Sun Member
I enjoy safe gun use. I like 4 wheeling in the remote areas. I like driving out to remote areas and shooting guns safely. I have been meaning to schedule a CCW class and/or a pistol basics class. Also, I would totally take a class with a bunch of club members.

However, I also recognize some folks in our Toyota 4WD club could be less enthusiastic/comfortable about gun related topics. At some point our club officers thought as much and included language in the bylaws in regards to this.

Article VIII. Section A. Item 2.

"Rising Sun is a 4WD club, not a gun club. We acknowledge that some members may have the legal right to carry concealed weapons. In these cases, the laws of the state supersede our bylaws, and our members may carry concealed weapons if they are legally authorized to do so. Members who have earned this privilege should keep their weapons concealed at all club events, unless a legitimate situation arises in which a firearm is needed. In all other regards, Rising Sun members should not bring firearms to club events. Open carry of firearms is expressly prohibited for all members in order to maintain a family friendly environment"

PhillyB77

Everybody gets guns does it free. Pam me for details.
Free is great. TBH the certification process is death by powerpoint, with some practical application. Zero regard to proficiency, but important topics on laws and the importance of understanding them with respect to firearms.
Well done video.
Thank you
I would love to get out with some other shooters in the club for some practice and training. We have an excellent local range but the lack of safery I have seen when people train there is sometimes frightening.
Most folks have zero knowledge or understanding with respect to firearms training, proficiency and especially safety. Not to take away from their 2nd Amendment Rights, by all means do what you need to. However, it can be discouraging at times. MOST people are not remotely capable of what they think they are capable of, I've seen it time and time again.
I enjoy safe gun use. I like 4 wheeling in the remote areas. I like driving out to remote areas and shooting guns safely. I have been meaning to schedule a CCW class and/or a pistol basics class. Also, I would totally take a class with a bunch of club members.

However, I also recognize some folks in our Toyota 4WD club could be less enthusiastic/comfortable about gun related topics. At some point our club officers thought as much and included language in the bylaws in regards to this.

"Rising Sun is a 4WD club, not a gun club. We acknowledge that some members may have the legal right to carry concealed weapons. In these cases, the laws of the state supersede our bylaws, and our members may carry concealed weapons if they are legally authorized to do so. Members who have earned this privilege should keep their weapons concealed at all club events, unless a legitimate situation arises in which a firearm is needed. In all other regards, Rising Sun members should not bring firearms to club events. Open carry of firearms is expressly prohibited for all members in order to maintain a family friendly environment"
Not sure about that, but concealed means concealed and...who is going to know. I for one take great responsibility in carrying a firearm and try to impart that to all those I train with. It's a massive responsibility and should be treated as such, as such in my lifetime I hope to never, ever have to use it to defend myself. Zero desire (whereas I think there are some out there who *hope* to get the chance). Open carry might be aggressive in a family friendly environment, of that I agree. Everyone who has seen me out in public, or been standing next to me in the grocery store, or interacted with me at an event, has been within 2 feet of a fully loaded firearm (that's one in the chamber). They should feel safe, not scared. Good stuff man.

PhillyB77

I would love to get out with some other shooters in the club for some practice and training. Maybe a cruising and shooting day?
I've run several courses at Como Range. I have all the steel, paper, everything we need. Would run a class for free. To be honest, it's all basics...fundamentals. There really is no advanced shooting, just doing the fundamentals a little bit faster.

One of my best friends trains some of the top level dudes in the military, I had the pleasure of shooting with him over Christmas break. I asked him what the primary thing he often had to focus on when training these Tier 1 dudes was. His answer: how to press the trigger properly. Incredible insight.

I should note these guys are already incredible shooters, he is just refining that technique. I am not, nor do I claim to be, anywhere in the same galaxy as these dudes.

Inukshuk

Rising Sun Member

@Shuksan Brian I think this was a perfect place to mention that Bylaw provision.
I was around and involved in this Bylaw provision. It was enacted many years ago after a few situations arose and there was no applicable language in the Bylaws to turn to for instruction.
Worth noting is that Members vote on all bylaws. "At some point our club members thought as much and included language in the bylaws in regards to this."
This was a bottom-up Bylaw and it resolved the issue.

simps80

Rising Sun Member
Oh God not the guns, wheeling, Toyotas, and bylaws discussion again….
All these years later My therapist still asks me to log her into rising sun to read that one on occasion like a text book
LOL
😂😂🔥

Carry on all you gluttons for punishment…

BritKLR

Rising Sun Member
I've run several courses at Como Range. I have all the steel, paper, everything we need. Would run a class for free. To be honest, it's all basics...fundamentals. There really is no advanced shooting, just doing the fundamentals a little bit faster.

One of my best friends trains some of the top level dudes in the military, I had the pleasure of shooting with him over Christmas break. I asked him what the primary thing he often had to focus on when training these Tier 1 dudes was. His answer: how to press the trigger properly. Incredible insight.

I should note these guys are already incredible shooters, he is just refining that technique. I am not, nor do I claim to be, anywhere in the same galaxy as these dudes.
Well said.

This is the truth. Once one move through/outgrows the tacticool crap and really wishes to be a shooter, it's always back to the fundamentals, practice and training.