• RS MAY CLUB MEETING
    Hi Guest: Our monthly RS meeting on Wed. May 1st will be held at the Rooney Sports Complex. Details and directions are here. Early start time: 7:00 pm. to take advantage of daylight. We'll be talking ColoYota Expo and Cruise Moab.
    If you are eligible for club membership, please fill out an application in advance of the meeting and bring it with you.

Colorado Repeater List

Oh_shift

Rising Sun Member
I know there are "up-to-date" logs on the internet of the Colorado Repeaters, but with most of us exploring "off the grid", a paper copy is always a good thing to have on hand. (I have a friend who refers to paper maps as "scrolls", but sometimes even that's what you need.)

I've attached a PDF and excel (for those that like data) file of the 2M and 70cm repeaters that are either 200 miles from Denver or Grand Junction organized by county. That covers all of Colorado and the surrounding States. I apologize in advance for mistakes or changed data. Please let me know, so we can keep this as current as possible.

There's a reason this stuff isn't printable off the internet! Took me a couple weeks to get this all organized. This PDF is filtered down to print only Colorado, and only FM towers. I don't have a digital radio, and unless I'm missing something as a newbie, I didn't want them printed on this list.

"But I don't know the counties! Just the cities and trails!"
Well, then here's a map for reference! It has Colorado's counties with highways and major cites to help you identify which county you're exploring.

The last step is on you, and it's the important one:
Make sure you can manually program your Ham radio on the fly before you get in trouble. Or, if it's quick enough, program your radio to the counties you will need per trip.

Have fun out there!

Attachments

• Repeaters of Colorado.pdf
    71.1 KB · Views: 969
  • Repeaters of Colorado_10.03.17.xlsx
    53.4 KB · Views: 777
  • County and Highway map.jpg
    County and Highway map.jpg
    175 KB · Views: 689

Oh_shift

Rising Sun Member
Bumping this to the top to help more people see it.

AimCOTaco

Cruise Moab Committee
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
Man this is a great listing and added to my offline reference folder.

Thanks!

This needs a sticky

Oh_shift

Rising Sun Member
Bump, bump, bump!

Just trying to help other get more eyes on this.

I know there are "up-to-date" logs on the internet of the Colorado Repeaters, but with most of us exploring "off the grid", a paper copy is always a good thing to have on hand. (I have a friend who refers to paper maps as "scrolls", but sometimes even that's what you need.)

Have fun out there!

Stuckinthe80s

Rising Sun Member
Staff member
Thanks Alex! This is great!

Oh_shift

Rising Sun Member
How about a monthly bump for this great tool? Surely someone's received their licenses since Jan and hasn't seen this yet...

Mendocino

RS Chapter Eternal
Gone But
Not Forgotten

rover67

Rising Sun Member
Awesome thanks!!!!!!

Oh_shift

Rising Sun Member
Bump!
It's wheeling season. Make sure you have resources in case things go unscheduled while you're off the grid.

DaveInDenver

Rising Sun Ham Guru
Since it's been it looks like more than 2 years since the last XLSX was put up and @RayRay27 asked for a repeater listing I thought it might be useful to others. I dumped all the Colorado 2m and 70cm repeaters as of Feb 6, 2020 in RepeaterBook into CSV files and ZIP'd them into a single archive. It'll expand to two CSV files.

This is an unspecific format so it's just generic data and not necessarily formatted correctly for all radios or software. I suggested to him and will here too, that you use Chirp if it supports your radio because it can pull in repeaters directly from online databases and it will format for your radio.

https://chirp.danplanet.com/projects/chirp/wiki/Home

I also would recommend not programming in 500 repeaters across the state and regionally. It's overwhelming and you'll never find what you want. Program in all the Colorado Connection repeaters to start.

https://colcon.org/wp/

You might do 2m simplex for Colorado (on 15KHz channels) and Utah (on 20KHz channels) if you really want. Other than that you'd have to ask the Denver guys what's still active. I assume 145.145, 145.460, maybe some others.

Attachments

• repeaterbook_2m_70cm_csv_6feb2020.zip
    12.9 KB · Views: 413
Last edited: