Colorado Railroad Museum - day out with Thomas

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
If you don't like little kids, don't like big crowds, and have little patience for waiting in lines, then this is probably the last place you want to be. OTOH, if you're a railroad buff, or you've got yourself a young aspiring engineer, then perhaps this is just the event you've been looking for.

Sep 26, 2009 at 9:15 AM MDT Day Out With Thomas (TM) at Colorado Railroad Museum - Golden, CO $14.00 - $18.00

http://www.coloradorailroadmuseum.org/event-listings

right-specialevents-listings.jpg

So yeah, we're going... went last year too. And actually once you get past the Thomas hype the trains at the museum are pretty awesome, I'm particularly fond of the HO set down in the basement.

Last edited:

Mendocino

RS Chapter Eternal
Gone But
Not Forgotten
Trains are cool

I rode the train below from St. Petersberg to Moscow last night. It was exceptionally civilized. I had a bed, a great steward, an omlette and espresso in the morning right before we reached Moscow. It was more expensive than flying but a much different experience.

Attachments

• StP2Mos_trn_sm.JPG
    StP2Mos_trn_sm.JPG
    28 KB · Views: 199

Uncle Ben

Hard Core 4+
If you don't like little kids, don't like big crowds, and have little patience for waiting in lines, then this is probably the last place you want to be. OTOH, if you're a railroad buff, or you've got yourself a young aspiring engineer, then perhaps this is just the event you've been looking for.

Sep 26, 2009 at 9:15 AM MDT Day Out With Thomas (TM) at Colorado Railroad Museum - Golden, CO $14.00 - $18.00

http://www.coloradorailroadmuseum.org/event-listings

right-specialevents-listings.jpg

So yeah, we're going... went last year too. And actually once you get past the Thomas hype the trains at the museum are pretty awesome, I'm particularly fond of the HO set down in the basement.

Thats so cool! Tim is gonna be thrilled! Gavin's gonna be hyped up pretty good too!

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
Still time to get tickets :kevin: - we roll out 7:30 on Saturday. :)

Caribou Sandstorm

Hard Core 4+
We went a few Satrudays ago. It was awesome! I liked getting there early first run t 8:30, so we could walk about before the crowds really hit.

Ben still wears his Thomas watch and uses it like a Dick Tracy watch, calling his friend Gavin...Going to have to get them together soon.

timmbuck2

RS Club TLCA Delegate
Cruise Moab Committee
How often is it? Ty and I will be on the 40's only run this Saturday. darn...Ty was asking about Gavin the other day...

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
How often is it? Ty and I will be on the 40's only run this Saturday. darn...Ty was asking about Gavin the other day...

Sunday would be the last day to see Thomas, see the event calendar in the first post... from a month ago. :D