For Trade CNC Plasma

BlueSteel

Lifted
Hey group, just wanted to put it out there I have a 4’x4’ CNC plasma and metal on hand.... if you need parts cut (I cut art as well). Trying to keep my machine busy anyway I can, located in Highlands Ranch. Please send message, thanks!

Attachments

• 10E41832-54D0-4A34-8FDE-6A5EBB4AF534.jpeg
    10E41832-54D0-4A34-8FDE-6A5EBB4AF534.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 163

gr8fulabe

Rising Sun Member
Out of curiosity, how do you like that scroll compressor? I've been planning to buy one when our garage is done some day, but am basing that solely on what they say about it on the website. Is it as nice as they claim?

Also, how clean of lines does plasma cut?

BlueSteel

Lifted
L
Out of curiosity, how do you like that scroll compressor? I've been planning to buy one when our garage is done some day, but am basing that solely on what they say about it on the website. Is it as nice as they claim?

The compressor is quiet as advertised, plenty of air to run a plasma torch. I’d probably want more air if running big air tools all the time. It’s a well built sturdy unit. The only thing I notice is it turns on kind of hard, not sure what can be done about it... Maybe I can add or change capacitor. I’ve read some of the early ones had faulty capacitors, other issues. My only other concern is starting it if it’s extremely cold or frozen but that’s rare inside my garage. I expect it to last me 3-5 years at a minimum with regular use.

The table and torch cut pretty well, as expected for a mid grade table. I cut art/signs a lot, so my standards for small detail are pretty high and I’m constantly watching cut quality. I use Hypertherm 45 torch and fine cut consumables. I’ll post a picture next test piece I cut.

RDub

Any thoughts on costing? What are the material/thickness limitations? Sounds very cool!

BlueSteel

Lifted
Any thoughts on costing? What are the material/thickness limitations? Sounds very cool!
Cost depends, the main variable is the material. 10 gauge metal costs 2x what 14 gauge metal does, for example.
Plus any design time if it’s something I’m capable of. Hopefully I’ll have some 80 series and maybe other Toyota products to offer soon.

I haven’t done it yet, but I think I can cut up to 1/2” I mainly cut 14 gauge to 3/16”.

HDavis

Hard Core 4+
Can you give a quote based off of a cad file or dwg?

BlueSteel

Lifted

This is right off the table, no clean up with book settings. Sometimes the cut might have a very slight sawtooth where the axis speed is changing, but overall it cuts very n

1834482B-E4CA-4D8F-8E61-A543C7CAFCC7.jpeg

Some recent art:

505846E6-7B55-4B9E-83FE-ADB8D9C16782.jpeg
266E95DB-AEB5-4435-AA8C-D1F9046FE037.jpeg

I’m working on some 80 series stuff, will end up being wall art, key holder, maybe keychains.... so that will actually be fun stuff for me.

Last edited:

AxleIke

Hard Core 4+

Plasma cuts pretty clean when travel speed is consistent and correct for the amps/thickness, the air stream is bone dry, and it’s real nice on water tables where the backside stays cooler/avoids burning up fine details/corners.

BlueSteel

Lifted
Plasma cuts pretty clean when travel speed is consistent and correct for the amps/thickness, the air stream is bone dry, and it’s real nice on water tables where the backside stays cooler/avoids burning up fine details/corners.
Yeah seems to hold true. The Hypertherm book settings usually result in good cuts. I have a water table with good product in it. My air is really dry, I keep air tank drained and have a big desiccant system.... I’m going to add a water drop right before and after the filter system so I can always be sure of moisture content.

Danger Noodle

Trail Ready
Man if you posted this about a month ago I would have had a ton of work for you to do. I ended up doing it by hand, but I would have loved to have it cnc'd.

BlueSteel

Lifted
Man if you posted this about a month ago I would have had a ton of work for you to do. I ended up doing it by hand, but I would have loved to have it cnc'd.

I’ve been down that road many times, hand cutting, drill press, giant hole saws, etc 🤦‍♂️😂. I’ve mostly been doing art stuff (potential customers endless), but man I’d love some repeat parts business to cut and prep.