CM trail rating and my vehicle?

Vitesse_6

Wasatch Cruisers
Hi all.
I was wondering about trail rating for CM, We will be in our FZJ80 with out lockers, ~3" lift with 33" tires, Ive been to Moab many times and have been wheeling ingeneral for 12 years.
I was wanting to sign up for Kane Creek or any other 4 rated trail, I know its somewhat of a relative rating but would this be out of line for our vehicle, We just did Goldbar with some of the harder Obsticles with no issue.
I am looking for any input if I am going to have any BS about a trail I pick not having a locker?
Thanks

EDIT.
Forgot to ask if you need to purchace a meal to attend the Party/Raffle on Fri.
Thanks again

treerootCO

Rising Sun Member

Vitesse_6

Wasatch Cruisers
Thanks for the post, I did Kane Creek way back in '96-97 (Isuzu Trooper)but was unaware of the difficulty change, IIRC It was a 3+ back durring the EJS.
Now I have 2 kids to go along with us.
Thanks again

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
If you have sliders, you can definitely do Kane Creek. There are only two obstacles that don't have bypasses.. both of which are possible open if you have a good amount of driving skill, also an easy strap up if you can't make it. Check out our gallery for some quick videos of the last, hardest obstacle.

And I should qualify that I've seen guys in open 80's walk up both obstacles. Myself, I push every button and still need a couple runs at that last one, but hoping to do a little better in May! Also there is a little uncertainty about the trail in general, it got washed out pretty bad to the point where it was barley passable on a motorcycle. We're hoping the Jeep guys do some restoration on it prior to EJS, since they like to run that trail as well. If they can reopen it, I'm sure the trail will be a little different, can't wait!

wesintl

RS Moderator
The biggest thing IMHO is that you don't slow down a group of up to 20 rigs. That's what the ratings are for. If you can drive and know your truck well then those trails or kane won't be and issue.

I don't have an issue with skinny 31's and a rear locker where i've seen people with 36's and lockers struggle because they don't know their rig, don't understand momentum, etc. :blah: :blah: :blah:

JMHO :rolleyes:

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member