CM Rafting trip?

Vitesse_6

Wasatch Cruisers
Hi all.
I was re-reading the email from Tim about CM, For some reason I didnt read about the rafting trip, Its there any more info on this? I have a trail on Fri. but it has been years since I did any float's, I might change my plans for Fri.

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
Hi Brian, not much more info.. yet. Since those places are seasonal it's tough to get a reservation in the winter, so we haven't really got into it yet. But the plan is just as you think, instead of doing a run on Friday you can blow it off then go on a mellow family raft trip. Or send your family on the raft trip then go wheel alone. We are proceeding with trail assignments as if the raft trip is not happening, meaning you shouldn't need to decide until the event if you want to go rafting, and if the trip falls through for some reason you've still got a trail assignment. If it turns out we need a rough headcount then I'll send out another email.

The Colorado down there is probably class I maybe class II, so not exactly whitewater but should be a fun half-day in the sun. This would also be an option for folks worried about not being back in time to get ready for dinner.. as it'll only be about a three hour cruise. At least a couple of the committee members will "lead" this run, since they're also the ones who want to make sure all the stuff is up at the Bar-M and setup in time for the raffle. That's all the info we have for now.. but more to come for sure in the coming weeks.

And thanks for reading the email! you're the only one who's asked about this :rolleyes:

arthog

Hard Core 4+
can I bring my own raft? hay I hit the 30 posts mark.

Attachments

• kayak.jpg
    kayak.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 145

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
Heck yeah Terry that thing would be perfect out there..

bh4rnnr

Outlaw, Scoundrel, Miscreant
can I bring my own raft? hay I hit the 30 posts mark.

That thing is cool. Might be interested in a raft trip. Nice change of pace to from the wheelin...

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
I volunteered to "lead" the float trip on Friday, which will mainly consist of getting everyone organized and to the departure point. Terry, your kayak looks way cool!

Beater

Hard Core 4+
I have canoe that can come as well. tandem, fiberglass river canoe.

Rock Dog

Hard Core 4+
You may need a permit for the canoe.... but don't know the rules for sure.. The rafting companies will have that all covered. I bring this up because the same BLM rep we have for our 5 year permit is the one that has done the river permits for several years.

Neil.