• UPDATED LOCATION DUE TO FORECAST OF RAIN: MAY 2024 CLUB MEETING
    Hi Guest: The next RS meeting will be Wednesday, May 1, 2024 at 7:30 p.m. The meeting will be held indoors at the fabulous Golden Gate Canyon Grange. Click here for directions. We'll be talking ColoYota Expo and Cruise Moab.

⦿ If you are eligible for club membership, please fill out an application in advance of the meeting and bring it with you.

CLC USFS Christmas Tree Cutting Patrol

PWCO70cruiser

Lifted
Colorado Landcruisers annually helps the USFS patrol the Christmas Tree cutting area off Rampart Range Road north of Woodland Park.

We have 4 days we help out with: Saturday December 7 and Sunday December 8, and Saturday December 14 and Sunday December 15.

Here are some bits to provide an overview of a typical volunteer day.

We meet at the Crystola (just before Woodland Park) convenience store between 8am and 8:30 am. Then we convoy to the FS work station on Rampart Range Road. The FS Rangers give us a safety briefing and update on road conditions. They tell us which Rangers are working in different sections of the forest.

We split into several groups depending upon the number of volunteers present. Each group is assigned an area and given a FS radio to enable communications between the group and the Ranger in the field. By 10am we go into the forest and make radio link-up with the Ranger.

Most of our time is spent either patrolling the FS Roads, or parking near intersections to observe traffic. Sometimes we find a stuck vehicle, and sometimes people stop and tell us they've seen a stuck vehicle. In either case, we'll radio the Ranger to inform him/her.

Usually, we stay on the mountain until 4pm or 5pm.

If you would like to come down and volunteer, sign up on the official forum post located here...
https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/of...e-weekends-support-to-forest-service.1173877/

Hopefully a few can make it down and help out. This is also great volunteer hours for Stay the Trail and gas should be tax deductible.

Thanks,
Colorado Landcruisers

MountainGoat

Club Treasurer
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
That's awesome Kyle! Let me see if I can arrange at least one day to come down and pitch in. :)

PWCO70cruiser

Lifted
Its something we do every year...some years its snowy and we help lots of people out...other times dusty and dry. Have feeling it will be more snowy this year! Post up on the forum if you guys can make it down!

FunkyYota

Rising Sun Member
I'd be game to join on the 14th or 15th.

SteveH

Hard Core 4+
Saw a ton of Land Cruisers go by me yesterday while tying the tree to my truck - did you pull anyone out?

PWCO70cruiser

Lifted
our crew pulled multiple people out! More snow up there than was expected, and vehicles that shouldn't have been running some of the trails. Chains were a necessary item! Come on out...join the fun this weekend!