castor correction bushings pressed in near Boulder?

I just got my OME lift and I'm going to do the install this week on my 80. I got the CC bushings, but I don't know where around the Boulder area I can get the old ones pressed out, and the new ones pressed in. Anybody have any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

-Justin

Ah yes, I know of Mr. Slee. Where do you think I got the lift from ;)

The only problem with Slee is the hours that they're open conflict 100% with my standard work hours, and they're still 30 mins away. That's why I was hoping somebody might chime in with someplace that's closer that maybe has hours that align more with what's easy for me.

Uncle Ben

Hard Core 4+
Ah yes, I know of Mr. Slee. Where do you think I got the lift from ;)

The only problem with Slee is the hours that they're open conflict 100% with my standard work hours, and they're still 30 mins away. That's why I was hoping somebody might chime in with someplace that's closer that maybe has hours that align more with what's easy for me.

Christo sometimes will do an exchange. Basically you get used arms with CC bushings pressed in and then give him your arms and new CC bushings after you swap 'em out....not sure if he still does it or not but a phone call would surely answer the ?'s!

I have a 20 ton press if you need to use it Im in Louisville

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
I have a 20 ton press if you need to use it Im in Louisville

If they were the stock round bushings then any ol' press would likely do it. But since these have offset holes you really need a jig set up so they line up with your axle holes, as well as tilt your axle the appropriate amount. It's really worth it to contact Slee and have them do it. Do you need to borrow a set of stock control arms?

probably right...

If they were the stock round bushings then any ol' press would likely do it. But since these have offset holes you really need a jig set up so they line up with your axle holes, as well as tilt your axle the appropriate amount. It's really worth it to contact Slee and have them do it. Do you need to borrow a set of stock control arms?

Considering this is something I don't want messed up, and I don't want to do it twice, I should probably give Slee a call and figure out some way to get the job done. I will inquire about the "trade" program and see if I can't just stop by Slee and trade them my control arms for a set of like condition with the CC bushings pressed in. Thanks for all of the replies!

-Justin

good to know