Cardinal's new ride

Maddmatt

Trail Ready
Shawn,
Since we know you're going to have to modify that new Croc Hunter Cruiser sooner than later, I'll contribute some new shoes. Might take some work, but I bet we can make 'em fit! Three tread patterns to choose from, if it was me I'd go with the Goodyear's on the back, and the A/T pattern on the front. That'd be coooool :cool:

Attachments

• 100_2247.JPG
    100_2247.JPG
    72.5 KB · Views: 1,462

bh4rnnr

Outlaw, Scoundrel, Miscreant
I was going to ask last night but forgot. What kinda gears do you have? Did you upgrade the birffs?? Crawl box :confused: :D

CardinalFJ60

Rising Sun Member
Oh Yeah!

It'll be detailed by the weekend, fresh coat of wax, armour all...the works. After that, It's getting new lift springs and maybe, yes, maybe a crawler box. I mean, ya gotta roll those new sneaks somehow...

It does have a 2-speed transfer case! High and low...rrraaaar!!

Treeroot's sticker fits perfectly on top of the windshield...might we have a mascot?? :D

bh4rnnr

CardinalFJ60 said:
It'll be detailed by the weekend, fresh coat of wax, armour all...the works. After that, It's getting new lift springs and maybe, yes, maybe a crawler box. I mean, ya gotta roll those new sneaks somehow...

It does have a 2-speed transfer case! High and low...rrraaaar!!

Treeroot's sticker fits perfectly on top of the windshield...might we have a mascot?? :D

Pics man, we need PICS!

leiniesred

Hard Core 4+
Toyota models

I have a Tamiya Mountaineer (toyota mini-truck) sans the Toyota body (very expensive these days, but I'll get one someday)

I have the stock birfs, but aluminum ones are available.
It has the 3 speed tranny which I fully ball bearinged. (Is that a word?)
I have 3:1 diffs in it instead of the stock 2:1s which is the coolest mod on it.
Aluminum wheels (but no beadlocks) sport the good looking Masher 2000 tires.
aluminum lower shock mounts.
nice cross over steering rods.
I have modded traxxas MAXX driveshafts that suck because the plastic parts can't take the Toyota/Tamiya torque. They do, however, look a lot better than the brass/steel u-joints.

Yeah, it is far from perfect, but it does work. It isn't something I spend any time on or anything, but it is kinda fun to drive (I have to hit the transmitter a lot with my hand and the range is terrible). Maybe, someday, it can be a realistic lookin' rock crawler model, but it will never compete with the incred-a-travel r/c crawlers out there. Betcha there are other Tamiya bruisers/moutaineers/hilux/blazers in the basements of risingsun club members.

Uncle Ben

Hard Core 4+
leiniesred said:
I have a Tamiya Mountaineer (toyota mini-truck) sans the Toyota body (very expensive these days, but I'll get one someday)

I have the stock birfs, but aluminum ones are available.
It has the 3 speed tranny which I fully ball bearinged. (Is that a word?)
I have 3:1 diffs in it instead of the stock 2:1s which is the coolest mod on it.
Aluminum wheels (but no beadlocks) sport the good looking Masher 2000 tires.
aluminum lower shock mounts.
nice cross over steering rods.
I have modded traxxas MAXX driveshafts that suck because the plastic parts can't take the Toyota/Tamiya torque. They do, however, look a lot better than the brass/steel u-joints.

Yeah, it is far from perfect, but it does work. It isn't something I spend any time on or anything, but it is kinda fun to drive (I have to hit the transmitter a lot with my hand and the range is terrible). Maybe, someday, it can be a realistic lookin' rock crawler model, but it will never compete with the incred-a-travel r/c crawlers out there. Betcha there are other Tamiya bruisers/moutaineers/hilux/blazers in the basements of risingsun club members.

I have a "super secret" nitro powered Cruiser Crawler in the works right now. This interest and thread might encourage me enough to finish the cage and get it done before next meeting! Spy pics soon I would guess. Here is a pic of the tow vehicle....well not really but could be if needed! ....

Attachments

• Sav-1.jpg
    Sav-1.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 215
  • sav2.jpg
    sav2.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 210

powderpig

Hard Core 4+
Kevin you really have tooooooo much time on your hands. What a wicked truck. robbie

bh4rnnr

powderpig said:
Kevin you really have tooooooo much time on your hands. What a wicked truck. robbie

Perry: Jealous as hell :(

Uncle Ben

Hard Core 4+
powderpig said:

You keep saying that. Once upon a time I had tons of time on my hands....now I have a kazillian toys and no time to play. :(
You are correct though....that is a very wicked truck! S&H .28 Puts out a scary 3.5hp at 30,000 R's If I can keep the driveshafts and pinion gears intact it will do some bad arse wheelies as it rips up to over 50 mph! Do the math...26lbs of truck and 3.5hp..... :eek:

Last edited: