• Jack-it Night: April 2024 RS Meeting Hey Guest: Wed. April 3rd is the next Rising Sun meeting, and you won't want to miss it. We're doing our annual offroad recovery equipment demonstration and trail skills training aka "Jack It Night." Meeting starts at 6:30 p.m. (early) Click here for all the details.

Caravan for Kids - toy drive run on Slaughterhouse.

VoodooBlue_Vixen

Rising Sun Member
Ok cool, I'll get with you and we can figure out a meet up or something :) Thank you for doing this!!
You're more than welcome to join us for the Caravan as well!

VoodooBlue_Vixen

Rising Sun Member
Updated info: Trail changed to Yankee Hill outside of Central City.
Meeting at the parking area next to Loaf n Jug in Golden : 102 N Rubey Dr, Golden, CO 80403
At 11AM.
If you gas up at the Loaf n Jug, then please park in the adjacent area after you are done to keep the station clear of our traffic. (See screenshot attached). Bring your FRS/GMRS radios & snow recovery gear.

There's a killer bagel place right next door called Big Daddy Bagels, if you'd like to show up a little early.

🧸🪀Don't forget your unwrapped NEW TOY DONATION for the Caravan for Kids! 💝🎅🤶

This snow storm has turned out Trail run into a Snow Fest!! We will be caravaning up to Yankee Hill outside of Central City. We will head up to the large flat spot that is right before the first big obstacle hill. Once here, we will have a fun play in the snow day! Snow angels, & building snow men, & snowball fights, oh my! ❄️⛄☃️ Sleds & tubes will be fun too! 🛷❄️❄️ If anyone wants to attempt climbing up the chute and rocky section, we can practice snow recoveries. 🤣
Bring hot cocoa & wear lots of layers! I'll have a selection of cookies for everyone to enjoy while burning calories playing in the snow.
Central City is expecting snow accumulation of 8-10" with this storm!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221117-081640_Maps.jpg
    Screenshot_20221117-081640_Maps.jpg
    306 KB · Views: 61

PVCsnorkel

Lifted
I am new to Colorado and unfamiliar with Yankee Hill. About how long is it to the flat spot you referenced in the details post? I do not have a winch on my 60 yet ( I do have an OME lift and 33s), is it a bad idea to make this run with the group or should I be ok with the level of snow expected?

Last edited:

VoodooBlue_Vixen

Rising Sun Member
I am new to Colorado and unfamiliar with Yankee Hill. About how long is it to the flat spot you referenced in the details post? I do not have a winch on my 60 yet ( I do have an OME lift and 33s), is it a bad idea to make this run with the group or should I be ok with the level of snow expected?
The flat spot we are going to is a very short distance in from the trailhead. This day has turned into a fun day playing in the snow rather than a full off-roading run. I think a stock 4x4 vehicle with off-road tires would be sufficient to join this weekend.

DomOfTheDead

Event Coordinator
Cruise Moab Committee
Unfortunately we are out. Unhappy parts on both trucks say no to fun in the snow this weekend. 😞

NotyourmomsWife

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
If you want to drop it at our house tomorrow, I can take it to the event.
Doubtful, we have to get ready for the drive to Texas for a week :( I appreciate the offer! I'll catch up with Gabrielle after we get back before the caravan ;)

rushthezeppelin

Rising Sun Member
I'll be joining

VoodooBlue_Vixen

Rising Sun Member
Looking forward to seeing everyone today! I'll be in the Voodoo Blue 4Runner, if I haven't met you yet, look for her!

damon

Vice Commander
Cruise Moab Committee
how was the trail?

On the RX

Rising Sun Member
Snow covered with around 2 to 3 inches of snow. Good traction and not packed out.

damon

Vice Commander
Cruise Moab Committee

On the RX

Rising Sun Member
A few of us went up the chute dlfrom the upper lot and then came back down. Luke and I went back up for round two and he got stopped at the incline right before the quarry. We got them turned around and headed back to the OHV parking lot to air up as the shadows were getting long in tooth.

rushthezeppelin

Rising Sun Member
Thanks again for putting this on. Getting more and more comfortable with this offroad business every time. Had a bunch of fun gunning it up the one major obstacle and bouncing my way up lol. Seems like all this wheeling in snow will make everything else seem easy once runoff is done next year and I'm on dry dirt lol. Also thanks for the rides up the chute Adam and Luke. Nice to see what is possible when I drop some money into my rig eventually. Here in a bit I'll upload some pictures and videos on a google drive and share.

And of course it was nice to do all this for a good cause.